I think I'm buying 373xp tonight..good Lord help me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll check that out. Are you talking about the 28 inch bar or the 20 I put on it from my Makita dcs642120?
The chain on that is brand new. Home Depot gave me a brand new chain when I bought the "dolkita" it's a full comp low kick back but it works well.. the 28 Husqvarna chain says 82 on the drive link and 25 on the cutter. So I assume 25 mean .050 thickness 3/8 pitch 82 drivers on a skip tooth..so a reg chain should be 92 drivers I think. I don't want to run that big of a bar. It looks awesome but I prefer 20.
Oh, that was in reference to the 28" Husqvarna bar in your earlier photos. It says 93DL .050" 3/8" on the side of it.

I think the 20" is going to be 72DL (72LGX072G) based on my 20" husky but you should confirm. Depends on the rim size and such for some saw/bar configs but should be 70-72 DL on a 20".

On the same bar the number of drive links (DL) is the same for skip tooth or regular teeth, you may be thinking of number of cutters. The drive link is determined by saw, bar and teeth on the rim.

Oh, that was in reference to the 28" Husqvarna bar in your earlier photos. It says 93DL .050" 3/8" on the side of it.

I think the 20" is going to be 72DL (72LGX072G) based on my 20" husky but you should confirm. Depends on the rim size and such for some saw/bar configs but should be 70-72 DL on a 20".

On the same bar the number of drive links (DL) is the same for skip tooth or regular teeth, you may be thinking of number of cutters. The drive link is determined by saw, bar and teeth on the rim.
Ok. Yeah I got it mixed up. Still learning here. I put the 72 drive link chain on . My dolmar 111 uses same chain also.

When you have an extra $30 get a new chain for that 28" bar. It will come in handy eventually. The saw shouldn't have any trouble running that length of bar, full chisel. I dropped a 26" Black Locust this week with one, no problem.

20" is a lot more fun for little trees, but she'll kick fast so be careful. A nice reduced weight bar will make the saw almost as light as a 60cc husky and lighter than your Dolmar. The Tsumura ones are surprisingly affordable.

You can mill with a 372. Just keep it under 18" and cut green wood. Check the clutch often and you'll be fine.

Tag will show year, week and saw number when built. Yes that is a new saw, outstanding.
The guy did beat it pretty hard. Enough to destroy the chain and there's pitting on the side cover inside and slight rust on clutch drum and oiler bar plate. It was used hard but for a very short time.
P_20180907_215931_p.jpg P_20180907_220328_p.jpg

The guy did beat it pretty hard. Enough to destroy the chain and there's pitting on the side cover inside and slight rust on clutch drum and oiler bar plate. It was used hard but for a very short time.
View attachment 673738 View attachment 673739
Missing chain guard plate, (bar plate) may have it removed. Tag is on rewind side ahead of oil fill cap. Black and held in place by two rivets. Those pictures do not look bad.

When you have an extra $30 get a new chain for that 28" bar. It will come in handy eventually. The saw shouldn't have any trouble running that length of bar, full chisel. I dropped a 26" Black Locust this week with one, no problem.

20" is a lot more fun for little trees, but she'll kick fast so be careful. A nice reduced weight bar will make the saw almost as light as a 60cc husky and lighter than your Dolmar. The Tsumura ones are surprisingly affordable.

You can mill with a 372. Just keep it under 18" and cut green wood. Check the clutch often and you'll be fine.
The 20 inch bar and safety chain as I call it make it feel pretty light. I was looking at tsumura bars. I have the money just out of wood to cut so I don't need the saw for cutting at the moment. And rather not buy a chain for a bar I don't need. I spent some serious time filing that old chain and it's tip top now. I ran the dolkita with that big bar and it did awesome. The husky is nice with this 20.
So I thought green wood was harder to mill? I had trouble yesterday on a green log with my Mac super 250 however it maybe the chain experience. But it cut faster in seasoned logs.

Missing chain guard plate, may have it removed. Tag is on rewind side ahead of oil fill cap. Black and held in place by two rivets. Those pictures do not look bad.
I'll be damnedi see it... 2018 4th week
So the other part that matches the plate near oiler outlet for opposite side of bar?

I'll be damnedi see it... 2018 4th week
So the other part that matches the plate near oiler outlet for opposite side of bar?
Bar plate fits over bar studs and a screw attaches it to the case, small hole next to oil tank vent. Part number 537013701 plus screw. Plate covers oil pump tube and part of chain brake cover, all of silver area around bar studs.

Bar plate fits over bar studs and a screw attaches it to the case, small hole next to oil tank vent. Part number 537013701 plus screw.
Yep I see where it's gone. There's a screw missing on top cover too.
I wish I had jumped on the 395xp he had . I didn't know he was broke and gonna go low to make his bills. He was asking 450 on the 395. It sold in a few hours. So he gave me first crack at this one. I think he has a ms440 and a ms660 so he might sell those also. It's hard to sell stuff here.
It's pretty simple when they're going to come repo your truck you sell your stuff or you lose your truck

Yep I see where it's gone. There's a screw missing on top cover too.
I wish I had jumped on the 395xp he had . I didn't know he was broke and gonna go low to make his bills. He was asking 450 on the 395. It sold in a few hours. So he gave me first crack at this one. I think he has a ms440 and a ms660 so he might sell those also. It's hard to sell stuff here.
It's pretty simple when they're going to come repo your truck you sell your stuff or you lose your truck
Believe you scored a nice saw. Just replace needed parts (will not cost much) and enjoy that next to new saw.

Believe you scored a nice saw. Just replace needed parts (will not cost much) and enjoy that next to new saw.
I definitely got lucky this time. It's in such nice shape it makes me not want to use it.
I can beat on the 038 cus it's pretty well used and isn't all oem anymore. I think they have a name for this problem

Latest posts

Back