If you could only have six saws....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll play along..............since it's hypothetical..

Poulan S25-CVA

Homelite Super E-Z AOW

McCulloch PM700

Homelite SXL-925W

McCulloch SP-81

Homelite 2100-S

That's picking from what's already in my working stable (well once I get my 2100-S squared away), and making several PAINFUL (actually impossible) omissions solely for the sake of this thread.

You guys with less than six saws are just plain sick. Freaks I tellya....:laugh:

Last edited:
your right bud. if i walked down to the shop right now and had to pic 6 saws. after 24 you would find me a blubbering mess on the floor.:laugh:

your right bud. if i walked down to the shop right now and had to pic 6 saws. after 24 you would find me a blubbering mess on the floor.:laugh:

Yep. I just went out to the shop to look for something. While I was there I looked around at the saws (those that aren't in other sections of the shop.....) and thought about how I'd be on the floor in a fetal position (mumbling "can't do it.......can't do it) if I had to choose six to keep and send the rest away. Sold a couple recently.............and I'm still in mourning..:sucks:

J Red 2153
Husky 262
J Red 2171
J Red 2171 for when you wear one out and can't get another one
J Red 2171 for when your an old man if you wear the other 2 out and everyone can be jelous because you still have one.
Helsel 140cc 3120 breathing nitro to remind you that wood isn't as hard as it looks.

Six saws seems like a lot. Most I ever had around here was between 2 and 3 dozen.
Down to about a dozen now and they've been around a while.

Echo Pole saw
Echo Top Handle Limber

There, did it in 4. Not bad, eh?

As been mentioned, this is purely hypothetical. Not too interested in thinning the herd right now.

6 saws, I passed that number in 1984, don't know how I could get back to that total given what I have amassed since. In fact, I just picked up these on my way to my weekly Sunday run this afternoon (but they wouldn't be on the keeper list).

Echosaws.jpg

CS680.jpg

CS370.jpg

026,036,360,044,066,084, nope got all them.
345,346,350,450,455,460,371XP,385,394, nope got all them.
XL12,XL Super II, Super EZ, 410, 955, 1050A, nope got all them.
260,295,305,315,330,335,405,455,655,nope got all them.

Hmmmmm, beats me which 6 I need.

:rock:

I couldn't do it. It takes 10 chainsaws plus the back ups for full coverage of the whatever situation.

Six saws, running or not.

You are being sent to an island, with nighttime temps in the low 20's, daytime in the upper 60's. Ash, Hickory, Locust and Elm. Some Oak and lots of Maple down near the swamp. You have a good woodstove, but no shelter. The only other people on the island are the Stihl dealer and the Husky dealer. They have any saws in stock, and lots of parts. Unfortunately, you don't have any money. So, mostly, they just stop by every day and watch you work. They chuckle from time to time as they knock back a couple of beers, served by the Swedish Bikini Team, who double as their housekeepers.

Maybe if you get a house built, the team will stop by for a late night snack and a game of checkers. Right now, though, they are giggling at you because you forgot the bar oil. Maybe the Stihl dealer needs some chains sharpened. You do know how to hand file chains, don't you?

No. But if I waited til they were both drunk I could tie them to a tree and take their keys to both stores. Then I'd have all the saws. Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back