Indiana gtg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alot of people want this to happen so im doing my best, but need alittle more input. The local mill gave me 4 big pieces of oak today and said they will have more for me each week. Im figuring if i get around 25-30 pieces that are variuos sizes that should be enough. You guys that have had gtg's give me an ideal of how much wood.

Im thinking mid May if it doesnt interfere with anyone else's gtg.

The location would be Mooresville Indiana if anyone is wanting to attend.
Which May? 2014?

I thought I had done really well by leaving the GTG without buying anything (nearly impossible for me to get within a 100 yards of Joe and not buy at least one saw from him!). Like any other illness though it just took a couple of days for the symptoms to show up . . . my MS261 left for Brad's this morning to be Snellerized....

He says I'm next in line and I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what happened to me . . . I used to be perfectly stable?

I am in the midst of resurrecting and porting a mcculloch 6-10 That I bought off of Joe at the gtg. A good port job, a pop up on the piston, a new set of rings and hopefully somewhere around 200lbs comp and I should have me a little angry beaver.

Anyone going to the wKY gtg? I plan to attend. Hopefully It will be coming with me.

I am in the midst of resurrecting and porting a mcculloch 6-10 That I bought off of Joe at the gtg. A good port job, a pop up on the piston, a new set of rings and hopefully somewhere around 200lbs comp and I should have me a little angry beaver.

Anyone going to the wKY gtg? I plan to attend. Hopefully It will be coming with me.

Given that there's no jug to lower on that saw design, I'm curious what you're doing with this build that would warrant a pop-up on the piston?

I have a buddy That is going to weld and add material to the top of the piston. I am going to turn it down on a lathe to achieve a desired squish band. I also plan on leaving a little in the middle to take up some combustion chamber area. In hopes of increasing compression considerably.

Latest posts

Back