Iowa 2015 Fall GTG (October 17, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all goes as planned I will have 3 dozen farm eggs for breakfast. Nate any luck with a big grill?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If all goes as planned I will have 3 dozen farm eggs for breakfast. Nate any luck with a big grill?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Not yet, would be nice to find one of those big LP flat griddles. I may check with the rental places... It would sure speed up the cooking process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shop looking like it can receive company!

2b02eca32c6033ee3a43164e896d2b6e.jpg

64b35379d1f6d4c0529a9db512acd511.jpg

looks like I'm not the only saw guy with a whiteboard :):numberone:

I actually made that out of some gloss white laminate, plywood, and some 1x4. The laminate cleans lots easier than some of the "white boards" you would get from Walmart and the like.

I need more wall space so I can put it somewhere easier to reach!!!

I want all my garage walls to be whiteboard so I can keep notes next to all the projects :)
a couple years ago I tried a laminate and a special paint to try to make BIIIG whiteboards in the garage but both were complete failures. If the marker was left more than about 4 hours it was essentially permanent.
DD

I want all my garage walls to be whiteboard so I can keep notes next to all the projects :)
a couple years ago I tried a laminate and a special paint to try to make BIIIG whiteboards in the garage but both were complete failures. If the marker was left more than about 4 hours it was essentially permanent.
DD
Factory High gloss white laminate or it doesn't work. You can't use a matte or satin finish b/c they haven't been sealed like the high gloss. My dad does counter tops...

Factory High gloss white laminate or it doesn't work. You can't use a matte or satin finish b/c they haven't been sealed like the high gloss. My dad does counter tops...

without taking this train even further off the rails, is it something I have to get in rolls at a contractor store or something I could get at Lowes in big sheets?
the paint I used was 23 for a rattle can and was supposed to turn a sheet 4x4 piece of plywood into a whiteboard, well... it was white sorta
Dave

Thread RE-Railing - hope you guys have a great one at the GTG, am intrigued to see what comes out of the dirty chain three legged aquatic relay race

I can't wait to drive over this.....

I have the clay all packed in and semi-finish graded with the tractor. I am waiting on crushed concrete to finish the top! My guy that hauls the stuff has been busy as a bee with other stuff. IT IS SOOOO NICE TO HAVE A DRIVEWAY AGAIN!!!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

With the rain, a bum shoulder now :mad:, possible job transfer, car and tractor to fix, and all the other stuff I don't think I'll be getting the shop extension up in time for the GTG. Pray for 2-3 weeks of dry weather for us or it will be close quarters in the shop!!!!

without taking this train even further off the rails, is it something I have to get in rolls at a contractor store or something I could get at Lowes in big sheets?
the paint I used was 23 for a rattle can and was supposed to turn a sheet 4x4 piece of plywood into a whiteboard, well... it was white sorta
Dave
You need a roll of 3091 Crystal White Formica (laminate like you use for counter tops). I'm unsure where to get some b/c my dad just gets it through work. I would assume that you can get some through a counter top shop or Home Depot. It comes sheets 4'x8' and then you use a contact cement on your backer board and on the back of the Formica, let it dry till matte finish and then roll the two pieces together. Usually people use particle board b/c it's inside and they don't have to worry about moisture. Also plywood will warp and not be perfectly flat. I used a sheet of 3/8 plywood that was pretty flat that I had laying around and banded the outside with slotted 2x2 pine to keep it from warping too terribly bad. It worked ok but I would probably use OSB as the backer if I did it again.

peek at the prize table... Thanks Sponsors (cough cough... Dave, HL, Madsens)

I hope Dave , HL, and Madsens won't mind but was thinking of putting all small stuff on one table, and if you get drawn you can pick 2 items from the smalls table (carb kits, pull rope handle, gas caps, carb screw driver kits).

I was thinking of making goodie bags of the smalls, but some guys wont need carb screw drivers and some wont need husky gas caps, etc. So that doesn't quite work.

Any objections PM me...

Attachments

• prizez.jpg
    prizez.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 23
Back