Iowa 2015 Fall GTG (October 17, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Me the host + wife
2. Clint
3. Mike
4. Shaun
5. Doug
6. Chet + Brenda (?)
7. Mark Hoskey + (?)
8. Ron Hoskey + (?)
9. Lurch2
10. TALLGUY 3 dz farm eggs
11. struggle
12. stihlx8 + lil' Nate
13. Philbert
14. Carl & Blondie + Brody(?)

Sorry guys I won't be able to make it this time. Leaving for Egypt later today and just getting back in time for the UNI football game on the 17th (Mrs. Heimann insists I attend with the family).

Just send that orange colored saw to me and I will find some place to use it, prop up a corner of the woodpile or something like that...

Mark

Sorry guys I won't be able to make it this time. Leaving for Egypt later today and just getting back in time for the UNI football game on the 17th (Mrs. Heimann insists I attend with the family).

Just send that orange colored saw to me and I will find some place to use it, prop up a corner of the woodpile or something like that...

Mark
0b162cdf84eab454c8344226a92e1ec5.jpg

Mark
Sound like a good use for that saw since it's not yellow or blue... :yes:

Also a bummer you're not coming I had a free box of Mac goodies for you Mark... Maybe Mitch will appear and I can squeeze that box into the itty bitty trunk of whatever car he drives down here.

Mark

That's a pity, I've been putting aside McCulloch goodies for you instead of throwing them away.

I'll bring this one but you will have to put up a fence.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443838754.865800.jpg

He don't come when called. He does comply most times to 'get in your house!'. But not always. Then it is time for the landing net and a chase around the back yard. He hates the landing net.

Hello, I'm fairly new to the AS community. I was curious if your GTG is open to newcomers or is it more of a closed affair?

Welcome, it's open to anyone that wants to show up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm not sure if I'll be able to find the time just yet, but it sounds like a good time. Is there any rough schedule of events?

Morning Fella's, welcome aboard Flash.

I would say that schedule of events would go something like this:
Show up
Drink coffee
talk about the virtues of saw brand x over y
eat
Drink coffee
talk about chain filing square vs round, if lucky Mike demonstrates his chain vise and has an extra for sale.....Matt gives
pointers on sharpening a race chain (I need help with that)
eat
Drink coffee
compare bar length of what you brought (Clint and Nate) would be able to expound on this I believe :envy:
cut cookies, adjust H, L and Idle speed of several saws
eat
Drink coffee
try other members saw, run vintage and new saws you have never had the chance to run anywhere else
continue to meet members throughout the day, and then hope you can remember 25% of their name in 30 days
not just their AS handle
Finish all remaining pie, cookies, other sweets
Drink coffee
Exchange phone numbers, buy a used saw (or trade) leave sometime that day or night with an overall
Great feeling having spent the day with some of the most Honest, Hardworking and Intelligent people you will find.
I personally fit the first 2 categories, am vastly lacking in the 3rd.
I might have forgotten a couple step along the way, but you get the general idea.
Chet

Morning Fella's, welcome aboard Flash.

I would say that schedule of events would go something like this:
Show up
Drink coffee
talk about the virtues of saw brand x over y
eat
Drink coffee
talk about chain filing square vs round, if lucky Mike demonstrates his chain vise and has an extra for sale.....Matt gives
pointers on sharpening a race chain (I need help with that)
eat
Drink coffee
compare bar length of what you brought (Clint and Nate) would be able to expound on this I believe :envy:
cut cookies, adjust H, L and Idle speed of several saws
eat
Drink coffee
try other members saw, run vintage and new saws you have never had the chance to run anywhere else
continue to meet members throughout the day, and then hope you can remember 25% of their name in 30 days
not just their AS handle
Finish all remaining pie, cookies, other sweets
Drink coffee
Exchange phone numbers, buy a used saw (or trade) leave sometime that day or night with an overall
Great feeling having spent the day with some of the most Honest, Hardworking and Intelligent people you will find.
I personally fit the first 2 categories, am vastly lacking in the 3rd.
I might have forgotten a couple step along the way, but you get the general idea.
Chet
You forgot eating Chet. :barbecue::barbecue::surprised3::surprised3::D:D

Haha, sounds great. I'll have to see what my schedule can manage

Back