Is it just me? (another ebay rant)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He should pay the return shipping if he wants positive feedback or work out some compensation. The picture is misleading, the wording in the discription looks pickled, looks to me he discribed and made it look like a much better bar then actual, then the mount thing. I don't like giving negative feedback but I will if I am sure they were deceptive and not willing to take back the item at their expense for shipping. If it clearly was my mistake I don't mind paying shipping both ways as a seller or a buyer.
If I were in your position I would tell him what you expect at this point and if he gives you a hard time give him appropriate feedback so the rest of the ebay community has a chance to see what to expect from him as a seller. He already has 1 each negative and neutral in the last month. He should be at least fairly concerned about his ratings dropping anymore.

John, you can bet I did tell him exactly what I thought and expected. He also told me that there was no way he would pay the return shipping but he would take the bar back. That's not good enough for me.

But I think he also covered himself good enough to make it a real hassle to prove it in a dispute, not that I might not be able to make it stick, but I'm getting too tired to fight this BS now.

You can bet that I will be leaving him a neg on his feedback. Just trying to figure how to word it correctly in the small space allowed.

ebay/paypal definitely favor the buyer in a dispute. I had a buyer who didn't like what he received and did a dispute that he won even though my description was 100 % accurate. They never even verified if my description was accurate they just take the buyers word. Also only a buyer can leave neg feedback now. You definitely have the leverage.

Paypal Dispute

File a greivance & Steve will work with you. He never learns though, as he once sent a bar & chains in a cheasy cardboard wrapper the same way....the bar made (beat to hell) but the chains are somewhere in between.

Just had a similar thing happen, with a lesser bar

I just got what I thought was a good deal on an 18" oregon A041 mount. The description said it was a .325 bar, which would've made it 72DL. I happen to have some of those loops hanging around. When I got it, it ended up being a 3/8 lo-pro bar.

Now the bar was less than $7, but the shipping was $11 and it took them two weeks to ship it to me. Their return policy clearly stated that they would not refund shipping and return shipping was the at the buyer's expense. If the item was listed incorrectly, i don't see how it is my responsibility to bear any of the cost.

It really isn't the money, it is the principle. I drafted an e-mail clearly explaining my dissatisfaction. I told them I wanted a full refund including shipping. Furthermore, if they wanted the item back that they should issue a prepaid shipping label pickup. I made it clear that if they chose not to do these things, that I would open a dispute with paypal/ebay.

The seller agreed to my conditions with the stipulation that I would have to send the item back first before they would issue a refund. It is against my better judgement as I currently have no item, and I paid for it. We'll see how it works out.

So was it worth the effort for less than 20$? I'm not really sure. But the lesson here is: If you are unhappy with the purchase, contact the seller, tell them why, and then clearly explain what you expect them to do about it. Then what you are prepared to do if they decline.

It was their mistake, not yours.

this is pretty much bait and switch or the seller is to lazy to take pictures of the actual items and load them to ebay....the title and pictures leads the buyer and if they don't read all the "fine print" they get something they didn't expect which is the case here and the seller has covered himself on it also but I'd still file a claim due to the misleading title and picture...90% of the time when you open the claim the seller will act on it in your favor..

I had a customer question his bar/chain that I shipped, because it had the
"Farmboss" logo on it.
And the one in my pic was a rollmatic.

I explained that the dealer I deal with sells me one or the other, but they both are the same bar, just a different logo.
I invited him to come here and join and ask about it and if he still had any problem to let me know......

Looks pretty cheep quality.

I sell used parts AS-IS, that bar is :censored: and i would only sell it with a disclaimer of Not Stihl/Oregon quality and id inspect it.

I don't buy chines crap and am weary of AS-IS.

File a claim!
My thoughts.

You can bet that I will be leaving him a neg on his feedback. Just trying to figure how to word it correctly in the small space allowed.

Mark, I 've been there several times. Make a lot of abreviations up, I usually leave most vowels out,use & or a comma for and,leave words out not needed for it to be understood. Most prople get the picture you need more space to discribe it was a big or complicated problem.
I would block him as a bidder to so he can't buy from you and give you problems in the future.

Mark, I 've been there several times. Make a lot of abreviations up, I usually leave most vowels out,use & or a comma for and,leave words out not needed for it to be understood. Most prople get the picture you need more space to discribe it was a big or complicated problem.
I would block him as a bidder to so he can't buy from you and give you problems in the future.

Ya hat ethat small space.

But one time i said a carb kit "didn't fix problem" They got pissed and i didn't mean any harm now i cant bid on there stuff witch pisses me off more then the $10-15 is worth...

Have you tried to contact the seller with your concerns. Maybe (and I am using the term loosely ) the seller made a mistake in shipping or otherwise. If you don't receive satisfaction then lower the boom on his a$$. I hate being played.

"File a greivance & Steve will work with you. He never learns though, as he once sent a bar & chains in a cheasy cardboard wrapper the same way....the bar made (beat to hell) but the chains are somewhere in between."

Sounds like you have a story to tell. Let's here the whole thing and how it ended with your experiance with this con artist.

"So was it worth the effort for less than 20$? I'm not really sure. But the lesson here is: If you are unhappy with the purchase, contact the seller, tell them why, and then clearly explain what you expect them to do about it. Then what you are prepared to do if they decline.

It was their mistake, not yours."

I already done that, the seller seems to be content that it's my problem that my chains don't fit and he is in the clear because the D007 mount will fit the bar.

"this is pretty much bait and switch or the seller is to lazy to take pictures of the actual items and load them to ebay....the title and pictures leads the buyer and if they don't read all the "fine print" they get something they didn't expect which is the case here and the seller has covered himself on it also but I'd still file a claim due to the misleading title and picture...90% of the time when you open the claim the seller will act on it in your favor.. "

The only fine print was the return policy, the bar was listed in the subtitle as a D096/D196 mount. That was flat out bold and wrong that alone should be enough in my favor. The bar tip just makes it that more misleading.

"I would block him as a bidder to so he can't buy from you and give you problems in the future."

I never thought of doing that but thanks for some good advice.

Scott, this bar has a 3/8's tip on it in case you missed that. Just so you know, I only gave the opening bid on it + shipping.

I would trade it for a 105dl bar in either Homelite or Husky mount and would be glad to pay shipping since that would be cheaper at this point then a 110 dl chain.

How about a Windsor 32HU50STA I know your bar was 3/8" tip I can fix that... That bar is a NOS Oregon manufactured bar for the 90's gen Poineer/Poulan Pro P655 and such. The only thing chinese is the tip and I will change that back to .404" If that new Windsor is of interest let me know?

Scott

rftreeman said:
this is pretty much bait and switch or the seller is to lazy to take pictures of the actual items and load them to ebay....the title and pictures leads the buyer and if they don't read all the "fine print" they get something they didn't expect which is the case here and the seller has covered himself on it also but I'd still file a claim due to the misleading title and picture...90% of the time when you open the claim the seller will act on it in your favor..

The only fine print was the return policy, the bar was listed in the subtitle as a D096/D196 mount. That was flat out bold and wrong that alone should be enough in my favor. The bar tip just makes it that more misleading.
That's why I said file a claim for misleading title and picture, you'll most likely get a response from the seller once his money is on hold..

Well I see now that Mr big dog listed some more bars yesterday and now list in the subtitle that it is a D007 bar that fits a D096.......

That might bolster my case. I'll decide this weekend if I'll go after him or not.

Well the weekend is over and I decided to go ahead and file the dispute. I don't have nothing to lose and besides the seller is the one responsable for his listing and he listed it as a D196 mount.

Time will tell now.

Mark,

He's just over in Alexandria.
If you pm me his address I will ride over there and see if I can "explain your position" on this matter!
I'm sure we can reach an amicable agreement.:D

Mike

Latest posts

Back