Is the 066Mag the king of all chain saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine. It is, however, the biggest saw I would want to carry for any length of time at all. I'm a bit busted up, so my back gives out way before the saw does. Funny though. I get through more wood with the 066 cutting until I need a break, then getting back on the job than my Super XL cutting straight through. I guess it works out pretty well.

Mark

fishhuntcutwood said:
Trolling, trolling, trolling....

Ain't seen ya for a bit Sap. I almost forgot about you...

I want to SSSOOOO BAD Jeff, but I don't want to be the one to get him stired up again:hmm3grin2orange:
The other Andy

04ultra said:
Jeff you mean :notrolls2: :notrolls2:

Yes I do, which is why I called him out for his trollishness. Hopefully it will curtail someone who likes Bud Light or any of us who like the 660 (Sap's never even held one in his hands, let alone run one.) from coming back to defend their reasoning, and his post will fade into obscurity.

We can only hope...

Last edited:
coveredinsap said:
The 066mag is the 'king of chainsaws' like Budweiser is the 'king of beers'. You go right ahead and drink it.
Coming from a guy who bought a 390 to mill with, Sap you have never used one, go sit in the truck. I have used them, nice saw, 394 is a nice saw too. I really like the 288, my fave. The 066 is one of Stihls best, right up there with the 020/ms200 saw. King is a little much, can't go wrong with the Husky or Stihl big pro saws. It sure is a common saw up here, kind of like Ford f 350 4x4s. I like old Chevys and Huskies myself, whatever works.

spacemule said:
Does the 660 still hold the best power to weight ratio?
I would think a lot more would go into making a chainsaw 'king' then power-to-weight ratio.

How's about listing all the things a person takes into consideration before making a purchase?

I would venture a guess that there are more cheapo Poulan 'Wild Things' in service on any given day in this country than 660's. That would make the Wild Thing 'king'.

The 660 can be 'queen'. How's that? Hahahahaha!

coveredinsap said:
I would venture a guess that there are more cheapo Poulan 'Wild Things' in service on any given day in this country than 660's.

That's a good point Sappy, so I'll bite and give into your troll-laden ways. But there's also more Geo Metros on the road than there are Corvettes for example. So if you want to call the Metro the "King of cars," then you go right ahead. But then again, I'd guess your vote for king of saws would be the Rancher wouldn't it?

Latest posts

Back