It's getting to that time! Who's lit?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is November 10th... correct??
Well... I've been workin' outside on 'n' off today... in shirtsleeves‼
And this from our County Emergency Management office just an hour ago...

• An unusually strong severe weather system for this time of year is expected to impact the state tomorrow afternoon into the evening. The primary threats are lightning, damaging wind and tornadoes. The severe storm system is expected to be followed by a period of damaging high winds Wednesday evening through Thursday.
  • This storm is supposed to move across the state all day Wednesday, starting early and peaking in western Iowa around 12 pm.
  • Due to the fast moving nature of these storms, there will be little time to react and find safety.
  • Please watch the skies tomorrow into Thursday.
  • Have a Safe Veterans Day!

Tornadoes?? This is November... correct??

I burn fires at night for a few hours, been doing that for a couple of weeks. I'm trying to get rid of my soft woods like maple.

leaves have all fell but yet im still mowing imagine that!? the stupid grass refuses to die.
going to be sunny and 74 tomorrow then a big ugly storm is suppose to move in YAY :cry:

Kind of funny... mowing the lawn... in November.
My lawn mower is a 2008 and it has under 200hrs on it. I mow about an acre.

Still warm here 60/70 day highs, lows for Monday are forecast to be 35* but for just one night then back in the 50's for lows.
Lit one last night and had to open the window.
Still not could enough yet.

I light it up pretty much every early evening and damper her down before I go to bed so she stays warm all night and I don't wake to a chilly morning.

08a04a451e487bd1250aaf02a715e77d.jpg

Just lit the stove again. Been a weird burning cycle here. Gone thru about a half cord since October, mostly due to being home during they day and working nights. Very easy to go through wood when you are home all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg
It's December 8th for crying out loud! I'm not complaining but I miss my fires a bit! After last months $20 increase in the electric bill I'll keep the heat pump running and continue to save my wood for the cold stuff. (And use the gas to mow the grass in my shorts. It's a lot longer these days. Or maybe the "old stump" in the middle of the lawn is getting shorter. )

Jeez! I just took my sled out for a ride. It's 15* here. Supposed to snow most every day this coming week. We don't have much right now, just a few inches.

Had 50's today and for tomorrow too. Been doing 1 fire in the morning for a week or so. Looks like it is going to be pretty mild for the next 2-3 weeks. Mid 30's-40 with lows in lower 20's. Not great weather for making ice. Hope to be pulling some Slabs, gills and perch thru the ice by New Years, maybe later.

Here in NJ the forecast is 12/11 (60*), 12/12 (62*), 12/13 (68*), and 12/14 (64*).

I keep waiting for decent deer hunting weather.

But next week I'll be in Oklahoma because my son is graduating from Boot Camp. Looks like it will be around 50* there and low 40s here when we get back.

Back