It's starting - New California law bans ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who wants a good laugh, Go back and look at the first “Earth day”. And everyone since then. We should have been extinct 20 times over by now. It’s the strangest thing. In the northeast it’s cold and snows in the winter then hot in the summer! Fluctuates a little some summers are hotter and some winters are colder. It’s called weather. Ive been going off road and striper fishing on the shores of cape cod since I was a wee lad in ‘84. The beaches are still there! I bring my kids on them. Global warming was a lie so the limp wrists called it something dumber, climate change. So yeah it’s a joke we laugh at you.

Well, I'm only fifty but I can see the change in the climate here in Nor Cal. On the bright side, I don't really have to worry about pipes freezing. But on the down side, our fire season is now very, very close to year round now. If you're into actual data, we had the least amount of rain here in 128 years this past winter. Hopefully that was just one hell of an outlier.

As far as the bans, at some point hopefully the Supreme Court can shut all that down. The politicians think manipulation of the markets is the best way to proceed. It rarely if ever works out that way.

Well, I'm only fifty but I can see the change in the climate here in Nor Cal. On the bright side, I don't really have to worry about pipes freezing. But on the down side, our fire season is now very, very close to year round now. If you're into actual data, we had the least amount of rain here in 128 years this past winter. Hopefully that was just one hell of an outlier.

As far as the bans, at some point hopefully the Supreme Court can shut all that down. The politicians think manipulation of the markets is the best way to proceed. It rarely if ever works out that way.
Could not agree more, can't fix stupid and legislating this kind of policy is just grandstanding by the current batch of politicians trying to make a name for themselves. I do believe we need to stop subsidizing big oil!

sounds like leftys will drive thousands of yard care companies out of business. Next they will force you to drive inefficient electric cars.

Shoot I love my battery electric stuff for my homeowner needs. You couldn't give me a gas powered string trimmer now.

As soon as an electric whatever is the best choice for the job, people will move on their own. It won't have to be legislated. Same with cars and anything else you want to name. Some people still like riding horses. Let people have that choice.

Central planning screws up just about everything it touches.

How nice of California making the people get rid of them dirty little petrol engines to save the planet..
Meanwhile in India or should I say the words biggest rubbish tip it's business as usual lol
View attachment 934706
That actually kinda looks like parts of California I've seen in pictures.

That actually kinda looks like parts of California I've seen in pictures.
From what I've seen that's what a lot of the big cities in the US look like now. The worlds gone mad am happy I live in the bush I'm away from all the BS no one bothers me.

One of the larger companies had a larger battery pack, about the size of a generator and meant to be left on the truck. Recharge the tool batteries from the larger battery on the truck, charge the larger battery overnight at home or shop.

I think it was Bosch?
And the power in the shop is generated by..... in the USA, most likely a coal burning power plant. Yeah, that's helping. Plug-in stuff does nothing more than move the emissions. In fact, it might even make things worse. Granted, there are likely efficiency gains in the generation due to the scale, but transmission and conversion losses will burn into those pretty quickly.

If Cali wants to go all electric so quickly they need to shut down all fossil fuel/nuclear power plants in the state and power everything with wind and solar generated in Cali. See how that works out. No gas backup plants either. If it's cloudy and the wind isn't blowing I guess everyone stays home in the dark with no AC.

I know things need to change but the infrastructure needs improvement and we need better battery technology. We can't switch over to a complete electric lifestyle and expect our outdated grid to handle it.

I know two of my wife's classmates who moved to Cali got the hell outta there once they figured out how hard it was to get ahead. I will never set foot in that state.

And the power in the shop is generated by..... in the USA, most likely a coal burning power plant. Yeah, that's helping. Plug-in stuff does nothing more than move the emissions. In fact, it might even make things worse. Granted, there are likely efficiency gains in the generation due to the scale, but transmission and conversion losses will burn into those pretty quickly.

Bingo. And since a lot of U.S. electricity is produced from the demon COAL (about 436 million tons of coal in the US alone in 2020 alone) which is composed of nearly 100% demon CARBON, we may simply be replacing H2O exhaust (from burning hydrogen-rich gasoline) with the demon CARBON DIOXIDE.

Meanwhile, China puts new coal-fired power plants online on an average of one new coal burner every two weeks...LOOK, A SQUIRREL!

Back