Joined the 500 crowd with this pawn shop find.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The air filter cover looks a little different than my 460, but I thought the 440/460 were interchangeable?
Maybe that was a replacement?

Stihl-MS460-Chainsaw-Carburetor.jpg

The air filter cover looks a little different than my 460, but I thought the 440/460 were interchangeable?
Maybe that was a replacement?

View attachment 1055599
The 460 airfilter cover is a bit wider due to the fuel tank being larger, therefore the airbox is wider to fit the tank and the airfilter cover follows the contours of the airfilter box, the whole assembly can be mounted to the 440 and I have done so on one of mine, the plus side is longer run time between fill ups.. The airfilter cover will stick out a bit wider than the top cover of the 440, alignment will not be possible. However the 440 OEM airfilter cover can be used on the 460 with a bit of heat and massage to make it expand around the base of the 460 airbox or in my case I just cut about 1/4" off the bottom of the airfilter cover and that allows the cover to fit without bending and stretching.

Love my 064, but don't use it very often anymore!
Sort of the same for me, I like the 064 that I ported back a few years over my 066`s as they feel heavier and a bit less maneuverable/handling, the only time I run a 066 is with a bar 36" for something bigger than the 064`s 32" bar is good for. Last trip out for an 066 was dropping a 44" dia oak on an old farmstead. I used my older 066 flatop I built back around 07.

No kidding. Read the tag. The store is attempting to pass this saw off as a 500i and inflating the price. Evan is only trying to point this out. Its a joke!
It`s what he posted that has gotten folks into a tizzy, he says he cant wait to start cutting with this beauty. I did include his spelling mistakes.

Glad to hear it. I don't know the guy, and AS being what it is............
Myself for one and many other long time members have known Evan since he was wet behind the ears, he likes playing with saws and lately has been doing some welding.

Latest posts

Back