Joined the 500 crowd with this pawn shop find.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually thats a plan im very currois how my 46 compares.

Pioneer guy
Your correct i did learn how to put trees down and survived damn close calls. Not sure if im any safer but im having far less near misses

Dead trees are always a nasty deal especially on steep slope.

Pioneerguy.
Ive layed off muffler stuff alittle now that ive got different ones for each saw. Since getting my 46 going my 372xpw i thought ran real good is now running like a dog with 3 legs.
The 44/46 flat freaking rips and the damn thing feels like it has twice the compression as the 372.
The 372 does run well but man the 46 is very healthy runs like a bigger saw.

Might build a pipe for 46 when i get bored. Pretty sure piped itl eat 500s for lunch

The dual port muffler judt doesnt do it for thinking theres probly alittle more power hiding in the exhaust.
20230116_233406.jpg

What do i get if the old 44 takes the 500. Its not your normal everyday wood cutting machine

DecadI built and rebuilt piles of those for tree services years ago. If it needed to be split they got sold as parts cases. The rest got used till you can't anymore. Hyway jugs last almost a year before the usual "it eats a piston ran straight out of the box with better rings, oem pin and clips." Cleaned up they lasted long enough most times until the bottom end let go. Meteor was down on power with poor transfer ports. We stopped using them. One saw ate three tops up before it pitched the rod. They take a beating at work. Meteor might last longer because they had the hardest plating, worst transfer exit and intake ports.
I'm a hack, retired construction worker working out a my garage for fun. I learned a lot from this forum over the last decade or so. Still learning.

Found a pawn shop 500i the other day. 849 sticker price she wasnt handled much.
Pulled cover off and piston telling a bad story. I offerd 500 they didnt bite but came down to 749.
I passed since parts bring it to close to a new one that hasnt scorched a piston

Pulled cover off and piston telling a bad story. I offerd 500 they didnt bite but came down to 749.
I passed since parts bring it to close to a new one that hasnt scorched a piston
Dang, $500 was generous.
I have an extra one but not for $500 🤣🤣

So how did the $1200 deal work out on this one.

View attachment 1055433

Cant wait to start cutting with this beauty.

I didnt buy it at 749 after parts its 1200 not counting lowervend. Myswell get a new one.

I didnt buy it at 749 after parts its 1200 not counting lowervend. Myswell get a new one.
You seem to be a bit confused. You started the thread holding a pawn shop price tag of $1200. You then said you paid $1100 for it. I am just asking how that worked out.

Your going to make me go back and reread my own thread arent.

I think the saw in the first post was a 440 but ill have to ho back and see.

The current conversation is of a actual 500i at the pawnshop that has a pretty baddle scored piston.

Its priced at 849 they took 100 off after i showed the piston. I offerd 500 for it.

At 749 plus 300-500 in parts i passed on it. Though if it sits for a month i may be able to get it for much less than 749.

I dont really much want to mess with cracking open a 500 just want to cut wood.

This damn 440 is enough of a project for me.

It is back together now but havent fired it up.
New crank case gasket and seals AGAIN!
20230716_215151.jpg

Had the thing for more than 10 years actually had quite a few 044 440s and hung on to this one when i stopped cutting and got out of saws

Latest posts

Back