Joined the 500 crowd with this pawn shop find.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is funny. I'm currently building a Frankinsaw that will look damn close to this once built.
Just built a,mostly OEM 460 with a meteor top end. Don't have a tank through it yet, 28" Oregon .063 bar. It's the 3rd one I've built from spare parts. Seems strong in the cut.

Just built a,mostly OEM 460 with a meteor top end. Don't have a tank through it yet, 28" Oregon .063 bar. It's the 3rd one I've built from spare parts. Seems strong in the cut.
I built and rebuilt piles of those for tree services years ago. If it needed to be split they got sold as parts cases. The rest got used till you can't anymore. Hyway jugs last almost a year before the usual "it eats a piston ran straight out of the box with better rings, oem pin and clips." Cleaned up they lasted long enough most times until the bottom end let go. Meteor was down on power with poor transfer ports. We stopped using them. One saw ate three tops up before it pitched the rod. They take a beating at work. Meteor might last longer because they had the hardest plating, worst transfer exit and intake ports.

Myself for one and many other long time members have known Evan since he was wet behind the ears, he likes playing with saws and lately has been doing some welding.

Thank you i always looking forward to seeing you here as far as wet behind the ears, do they ever dry?

For thosd that dont know its not a 500 460 or 462 not even a hybrid.

Its a 440 with maxflow filter and god awfull ugly filter cover.

Heres my 46/44 thing with a 46 airfilter cover. You can fit the stihl filters and max flow under it.

They sell the stihl max flow kits at gas stations around here so everyone runs them.
I dont cut enough to be able to tell if the max flow filter does any better than stock.
All i know is the max flow cover is not pretty.

Modified 46 looks alittle better not many even catch it being out of place.

Thank you guys this actually turned into a informative thread.

All missspelling included.

Pioneer guy is correct i didnt buy it or ask about it. Theyve only had it for a week. If still there in a few months i might try to get it for a couple hundred bucks.

20230206_184227.jpg
20230206_184354.jpg
20230206_184248.jpg
20230130_214646.jpg

Thank you i always looking forward to seeing you here as far as wet behind the ears, do they ever dry?

Heres my 46/44 thing with a 46 airfilter cover. You can fit the stihl filters and max flow under it.

They sell the stihl max flow kits at gas stations around here so everyone runs them.
I dont cut enough to be able to tell if the max flow filter does any better than stock.

Pioneer guy is correct i didnt buy it or ask about it. Theyve only had it for a week. If still there in a few months i might try to get it for a couple hundred bucks.

View attachment 1055862
View attachment 1055864
View attachment 1055863
View attachment 1055867
Always good to see you post on here, Evan. Keep up the good stuff, how`s the muffler mods coming along. I remember well the days when we/I was urging you to be careful when dropping those big fir up in the mountains, you lived and that`s all important.

View attachment 1055862
View attachment 1055864
View attachment 1055863
View attachment 1055867
When you come out to cut here you can play with my 500 šŸ˜
but, then youā€™ll want one,šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Back