Jonsered 2156 vs 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah gonna go talk to them next week. If I could get it for around $550 I'd be set

I got a 2159. Use it probably 60% of the time. Been finding myself using the 2172 more and more. The 2159 has been a great saw for me tho. Bought it 4 years ago if my memory serves me right. It's the first saw I ever bought and ever thought I would need til I started reading threads on this awesome place.
Jred had the bag it or drag it sale I picked it up for 425-450 bucks. Buy the 2159 and pick up a non cat muffler with the spare change u saved versus the 2156.

So is there any truth to the 2159 feeling more torquey?

I don't know how it feels - but the fact is that the 2156 has more torque at all rpm levels that matter - the difference just is smaller at the lower rpms.

This is according to dyno tests, not according to feel.

Couldn't make up my mind about those two saws so I bought both. Get the 2159 it's a good saw. At $600 for it, the dealer should be able to come down a bit.

When the new Jonsered that's the same as the 562xp hits the market it should be in the $700 range.:rock:

Same as 562xp, and not same as 560xp - is something going on? :msp_confused:

Well the 2156's are all gone and can't be ordered. Found a shop 20 miles away that has 2 2159's left and want $569 for 1. Which is about $30 cheaper than the shop 10 miles away. Think I'm gonna get 1.

Well the 2156's are all gone and can't be ordered. Found a shop 20 miles away that has 2 2159's left and want $569 for 1. Which is about $30 cheaper than the shop 10 miles away. Think I'm gonna get 1.

You would be much better off with a Husky 555, and then you don't have the cat muffler to worry about either.....

The 555 also has more power, and is lighter (weight specs on the 2156/2159 is far from true).

Last edited:
The 555 around here is selling $640 which is 2 much for me. Plus I already have a set of dual spikes for the 2159. Lol

I love my 2159! first thing I did do was get rid of the cat muffler think it cost me $38.00
Then a muffler mod came made it as good as a 361:rolleyes2: then I ported it well I have no use for a 65/70 cc saw after that! I run a 18 and 15'' bar and Just love the power it has but it is ported,I use my 7900 on bigger trees I live in the land of few trees over 20'' so a 60 cc saw is great for me. But my 2152 would do for 90% of my cutting I also like to use a .300 WBY for Deer hunting when really I can get buy with my 7x57 lol.
I have a bunch of saw's and yes some seem better than others for low end power my old 041 was like that slow in the rpm dept but you could lean on her and with a sharp chain it would cut anything.
Remember your cutting firewood not in a race so it takes you 10 min longer for the day who care injoy the outdoors! My last firewood trip I saw Two Moose and some very fresh Wolf Tracks.
Your just cutting fire wood and all you need is a good saw and a strong back to load the wood.
It's fun to play with a saw but really the diff between models and make is so small.
Most of the time it is how sharp your chain is that makes a diff in cutting time but who cares we are cutting firewood not in a race.
P,S that cat muffler did make strange sounds as it cooled down I had to get rid of it!

Yes, as much as I like the 359/2159, the 555 is a much better saws.
I am outa the loop I do not even know what a 555 is it's been a wile since I have posted on here. But if it's not Red and Black well you know yuk lol,How does it compare to the old 505 Poulan?
Okay last I was here they had a fight over the 361 and the 362 Now my money is on the 361Dam it is almost Jred like and it starts okay in cold weather lol, dam I am outa the loop but then I really do not care for stuff I can't tune or work on without the help of a hundred comp updates or fancy tools, Some day it will come down too me and my Eager Beaver Mac.? oh and my old 105, just put a new Air filter on her should be good for another 10 years since I got the mill she has to earn her keep :hmm3grin2orange:

I am outa the loop I do not even know what a 555 is it's been a wile since I have posted on here. But if it's not Red and Black well you know yuk lol,How does it compare to the old 505 Poulan?
Okay last I was here they had a fight over the 361 and the 362 Now my money is on the 361Dam it is almost Jred like and it starts okay in cold weather lol, dam I am outa the loop but then I really do not care for stuff I can't tune or work on without the help of a hundred comp updates or fancy tools, Some day it will come down too me and my Eager Beaver Mac.? oh and my old 105, just put a new Air filter on her should be good for another 10 years since I got the mill she has to earn her keep :hmm3grin2orange:

The red version of the 555 is the 2258 - but it isn't out yet in North America.

The PP 505 is a much larger saw, 82cc vs. 60...

Last edited:
Back