Jonsered 2188....Has arrived!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ale

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I picked up this brand new 2188 today from my Jonsered dealer. He did not know anything about this model. I called Tilton direct and they said it was released on Friday Oct. 9th and was replacing the 2186. They said it is going to debut at the show in KY. They wondered how I found out about its release since the dealers had not been informed yet....I simply said Arboristsite.com. I had the factory rep upfit it with the full wrap handle and large dogs. No chance to run it yet because it's going to get ported. Pretty much a 390xp in red and black....I think i'll like!

33.jpg

34.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

Yeah, not informed is right! Guess I have a phone call to make, huh?

Great job on the pics too.

Can't call after 4:30, have to wait until tomorrow...........a sleepless night awaits. LOL

Last edited:
One good looking saw you have there. Let us know how you like once you get to run it. I'm sure you will be in love if your not already. Rick :clap:

William,

Wow! Nice saw! Nice pics!

Duncan said the dogs are awesome ..... one sexy looking saw. :clap:

This may keep him away from my 390XP.

joat

Yeah, not informed is right! Guess I have a phone call to make, huh?
Great job on the pics too.

Can't call after 4:30, have to wait until tomorrow...........a sleepless night awaits. LOL

I guess you do!

:cheers:

It is a pity that I don't need one.......:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
William,

joat
funny how grown men can call a Saw sexy! if my wife was a Saw I would say she was a 2156 hot slim but not too big a bit of a temper . She would kill me if she read this!

William,

joat

Joat....
Tell Duncan to get ready to put this new saw into some wood at the next...GTG!...However, I don't think it is big enough for him after watching him run the ported 660, 395xp and the Mac 125!

I sort of feel like a trader to Husqvarna for not getting the 390xp...

but that feeling goes away when I look at the new red and black cousin!

I sort of feel like a traitor to Husqvarna for not getting the 390xp...

but that feeling goes away when I look at the new red and black cousin!

I would have gotten the Jred as well, in that class - the handle angle doesn't make much difference, unless you are limbing etc! :)

I gotta get me one of them there saws. It needs a Stihl Elastostart though.:hmm3grin2orange:

I don't really like the Elastostart on larger saws - it takes some "snap" out of the pull when drop-starting......... :greenchainsaw:

Ground starting is different, but who really do a lot of that?????

Last edited:
Pricing was a weird process also...The dealer and Tilton went back and forth...the dealer said this was the first 2188 sold via retail in the Eastern 37 state region according to Tilton. We settled on a more than fair price so I went ahead and got this saw. I was going to get a 2171 until I started calling around about the 2188. The price seemed too good to pass on.

Out of respect for Jonsered dealers and all dealers, I covered the dealers pricing on the scanned image and will not disclose this info. This was the only literature the dealer had on the 2188 and it came as an email from Tilton...he was kind enough to give me a copy.

1233.jpg

Latest posts

Back