Jonsered 2188....Has arrived!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always give her the same routine when she starts talking about furniture. "We already have furniture honey. I could understand if we were sitting on the floor or something, buy why waste money on things we don't need? I mean it's not like dinner is going to taste any better on a new table, right? And what's the point of having an expensive dining room set with a big hutch to display the "fine china" that we only use a couple times every year. Why not just keep those dishes in the box and take them out for the holidays when we are actually going to use them?"

Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should you take marital advice from me.

:ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

I learned to keep my mouth shut over the unused Kitchenaid mixer, bread machine, "fine" china, and all the other stuff we have no "need" for.

At least she got me a nice Snow and Nealley double bit axe for a wedding present and a weekend at a "chainsaw camp" as she calls it. CLP course in Unity the third weekend of Nov. She's a good one. :)

Spike: I should have looked around a little more before opening my, er, keyboard. I see that indeed, the 2188 IS the replacement for the 2186, as stocks wear down.

There were a couple of posts earlier that sounded happy that the new saw was out...they missed the power of the '95/95 and were hoping the 2188 would at least come close. I'd probably have a 2095, but could have a 395 in my hands on the way out of town for $120 less than a 2095...and would have to wait a while until the Jonsy dealer ordered one in or pay full freight for one unit.

Easy decision.

I agree that Jonsered hasn't really made any money on the big saws in a while. The most likely market would obviously be the big timber areas of the west, and Charlotte wouldn't have any reason to apply pressure for a red and black 395 or 3120.

I don't really like the Elastostart on larger saws - it takes some "snap" out of the pull when drop-starting......... :greenchainsaw:

Ground starting is different, but who really do a lot of that?????
. Elasto start is great .. Sure beats getting the starter handle getting ripped out of my hand ............. I put them on everything anymore . First time I get the rip . that saw gets a new starter cord and handle ...

Just tell her it's "for the house". That's what they always tell us, right?

When my ex-wife and I first moved into the house, she didn't even want me to get a snow blower for the 200' driveway. "That's a luxury item" she says. (Any wonder I'm divorced? LOL) Said she'd help me shovel. Made sure I bought another shovel so she'd be able to keep her word. First real storm was a good foot of wet snow. OK honey, let's go out and do the driveway. I played it up pretty good saying stuff like, "Hey you know, this really isn't too bad with two of us doing this. We ought to be done in about an hour or so." She was fighting a losing battle with that shovel, and about half way through the driveway she said, "Maybe we ought to get that snow blower." Sarcastically I said, "I thought you didn't want to get a luxury item like that. Maybe it'd be easier if you had one of them kiddie shovels." That sent the Irish temper into orbit. :hmm3grin2orange:

Sounds like one of those "And then the fight started" jokes. My first wife was of similar ilk.

You could always give her the same routine when she starts talking about furniture. "We already have furniture honey. I could understand if we were sitting on the floor or something, buy why waste money on things we don't need? I mean it's not like dinner is going to taste any better on a new table, right? And what's the point of having an expensive dining room set with a big hutch to display the "fine china" that we only use a couple times every year. Why not just keep those dishes in the box and take them out for the holidays when we are actually going to use them?"

Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should you take marital advice from me.

Same disclaimer here....and some wonder why I don't mind the 10 horses running around? Best investment I have made...Think about that for ten seconds...I don't get any grief at all when I play dirt bike or even an extra saw! (Of course the link to saws and heat is clear....and GTG's. while not as clear has been made! And she likes a warm house!)

I have to say I have a wonderfull wife...she understands the total passion and commitment required for something like racing motorcycles and encouraged it when I could. (Still does...I have to go AHRMA and ditch the pride) She does becasue she is into the horse thing and its just as time and cost intensive...I pity the guy who is a racer or clutch head who ends up with a neat freek or micro manager...!! (My girls all are into activities, one a Polo player on the number one rated college team in the country right now...so they have the right aproach to life)

Last edited:
The Jonsred dealer in Fairbanks was saying it was very different than the 390 .. I don,t see it . For me . Tho it looks like a good saw . it prolly isn,t any better than the 390 so I,ll go with the 390 .... Plus the 390 comes set up for west coast falling .......

You are correct, but has been an enduring superstition for a long time. It goes both ways too. Except for cosmetics, Jonsered and Husky models are identical; using the same internal parts, with the same part numbers. But some guys actually believe that one is better than the other.

You are correct, but has been an enduring superstition for a long time. It goes both ways too. Except for cosmetics, Jonsered and Husky models are identical; using the same internal parts, with the same part numbers. But some guys actually believe that one is better than the other.

One is better. I'll let you guess which one :hmm3grin2orange:

The Jonsred dealer in Fairbanks was saying it was very different than the 390 .. I don,t see it . For me . Tho it looks like a good saw . it prolly isn,t any better than the 390 so I,ll go with the 390 .... Plus the 390 comes set up for west coast falling .......

You are right - that dealer is wrong! :)

Nawww, the dealer knows they're the same. But he doesn't want you to...especially if it means a sale!

Latest posts

Back