Jonsered 2188....Has arrived!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just called my dealer and he's getting me a price on one. I was hoping this saw would hit the U.S. before I gave in and ordered a 2186. Thanks for posting this info!

They're on the way. :cheers:

The program was waiting for me in the mailbox today, so I called up and ordered some. Without getting specific, the price is about $50 less than a 390XP.

Spike, you are freaking killing me and will likely be named as a co-respondent when my wife divorces me. ;)

Shoot me an IM please with the price.

Beauty

That is one nice looking saw. Those red and blacks really do look great - and that tsumura bar just ads to the good looks:love1:

Spike, you are freaking killing me and will likely be named as a co-respondent when my wife divorces me. ;)

Shoot me an IM please with the price.

Just tell her it's "for the house". That's what they always tell us, right?

When my ex-wife and I first moved into the house, she didn't even want me to get a snow blower for the 200' driveway. "That's a luxury item" she says. (Any wonder I'm divorced? LOL) Said she'd help me shovel. Made sure I bought another shovel so she'd be able to keep her word. First real storm was a good foot of wet snow. OK honey, let's go out and do the driveway. I played it up pretty good saying stuff like, "Hey you know, this really isn't too bad with two of us doing this. We ought to be done in about an hour or so." She was fighting a losing battle with that shovel, and about half way through the driveway she said, "Maybe we ought to get that snow blower." Sarcastically I said, "I thought you didn't want to get a luxury item like that. Maybe it'd be easier if you had one of them kiddie shovels." That sent the Irish temper into orbit. :hmm3grin2orange:

Well, the UPS man just brought my 2188's. :clap::clap:

Barney34 is driving over later today to get one. Told me that he had to have the first one, even before mine. LOL I'm number two in my own store!

Barney34 is driving over later today to get one. Told me that he had to have the first one, even before mine. LOL I'm number two in my own store!

That is pretty bad, being number 2 in your own store. LOL.
Cant wait to see some of the 2188's running. They look good in the pictures.

With the exception of two saws in the stable (395xp, and 55 cylinder on a 51) I am a red and black fan. But looking at the specs, this new 2188 isn't really a replacement for the 2094/5. There are already posts suggesting some dealers lost sales to the 395 and 066 from those users that really wanted the full power.

2188 is only about 5% more rated power ver the '86, and probably ported very similarly. I bet most users wouldn't really know the difference. Further, I would wager that the 2186 will slowly dissappear from Tilton's line up as there would be no purpose for both. Charlotte may elect not to offer it at all...the west coast Jonsered line-up seems quite abbreviated.

So, other than the "New!" thing, is there really anything here?

With the exception of two saws in the stable (395xp, and 55 cylinder on a 51) I am a red and black fan. But looking at the specs, this new 2188 isn't really a replacement for the 2094/5. There are already posts suggesting some dealers lost sales to the 395 and 066 from those users that really wanted the full power.

2188 is only about 5% more rated power ver the '86, and probably ported very similarly. I bet most users wouldn't really know the difference. Further, I would wager that the 2186 will slowly dissappear from Tilton's line up as there would be no purpose for both. Charlotte may elect not to offer it at all...the west coast Jonsered line-up seems quite abbreviated.

So, other than the "New!" thing, is there really anything here?

The 2188 is obviously the compliment to the 390, not the 395. And you are right that it won't run with the 2094/2095. The 94/95 was never a big seller either, so there weren't that many sales to be lost to anyone.

The 2188 is listed as a replacement for the 2186 that will soon go away. The Husky 385's are listed on the dealer site as "while supplies last", so that one is going away also. (They are not marked down as of yet)

It is hard to use the word "new' with this saw, since the 390XP has already been out for 2 or 3 years.

The 2188 is obviously the compliment to the 390, not the 395. And you are right that it won't run with the 2094/2095. The 94/95 was never a big seller either, so there weren't that many sales to be lost to anyone.

The 2188 is listed as a replacement for the 2186 that will soon go away. The Husky 385's are listed on the dealer site as "while supplies last", so that one is going away also. (They are not marked down as of yet)

It is hard to use the word "new' with this saw, since the 390XP has already been out for 2 or 3 years.

Spike,

The 390XP (2188) is a horse as evidenced here:

I would say a 390xp would be awesome I got to run Joats 390 at the last gtg and that thing was as strong as my ported 395 and didnt feel like it weighed any more than my 7900. Just an awesome saw especially ported.

Fixed! But, the point is most valid, "the 390XP is a great saw and power/weight ratio is as strong as any big saw".

Steve,

Your 395 was awesome, the talk of the GTG.

ole joat

Both the 390 and 395 are impressive. Would have been nice to see a 385 ported

Ain't no shame here, I truly loved running the ported 390 and 395, even if they are a husky.:D I sold a stock 660 about a year ago because I don't run across much big wood anymore the 32" 044/460 can't cut. I'm getting the 90cc itch again though.:cry: If I do decide to get another, it will be a ported 660, 390, or 395.:dizzy:

Hands on beat spec readers ......... everytime,

ole joat

Would those dawgs fit a 2083? They look effective. I guess not since the clutch cover is pretty different. I wish I could find a larger set of spikes for my 2083 (Poulan Pro 505)....

The new 2188 really looks like a nice saw. That just put a bug into my brain now. Going to start saving up the money to buy one. The only think I wish Jred would offer with their new saws. Is a high top filter like Huskies. To help with the finer dust particals. I do alot of cutting on dead Doug Fir. Nice looking saw. :cheers:

I should have waited 4 days to get married. I am fighting an uphill battle with the 2188. She has already tried to put the brakes on the idea but we have a few months to win her over.

:cheers:

I should have waited 4 days to get married. I am fighting an uphill battle with the 2188. She has already tried to put the brakes on the idea but we have a few months to win her over.

:cheers:

You could always give her the same routine when she starts talking about furniture. "We already have furniture honey. I could understand if we were sitting on the floor or something, buy why waste money on things we don't need? I mean it's not like dinner is going to taste any better on a new table, right? And what's the point of having an expensive dining room set with a big hutch to display the "fine china" that we only use a couple times every year. Why not just keep those dishes in the box and take them out for the holidays when we are actually going to use them?"

Disclaimer: Under no circumstances should you take marital advice from me.

Latest posts

Back