Jonsered 2188....Has arrived!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funny how grown men can call a Saw sexy! if my wife was a Saw I would say she was a 2156 hot slim but not too big a bit of a temper . She would kill me if she read this!

Austin,

The sexy saw comment was made by my 12 year old son, Duncan, a recent GTG attendee who has caught the bug. He happened to be watching over my shoulder and was happy for William. Duncan is not fully grown, but I'm being nice to him now because in a few years, he will be.

ole joat

Joat....
Tell Duncan to get ready to put this new saw into some wood at the next...GTG!...However, I don't think it is big enough for him after watching him run the ported 660, 395xp and the Mac 125!

I sort of feel like a trader to Husqvarna for not getting the 390xp...

but that feeling goes away when I look at the new red and black cousin!

William,

If you really feel like a traitor, that Johnny can be traded out for a nice 390XP. :)

The 346XP and the 2188 may be a great 2 saw lineup. I know I believe the 346XP and 390XP make a great one.

Is the 2188 going to a SawSpa some where?

Use in good health,

ole joat

Yaaahhoooooooooo!

Ale, Congratulations and thanks for the sweet set of pics. It's about time the 2188 made it over here.

Question- Is the 2188 fitted with a Tilly or Walbro carb. Both my 390xpg and 2186wh are fitted with Tilly carbs. I heard that Husky issued a tech bulletin some time last year(?) stating that the 385/390 would start using the Walbro. Very curious....

You have that saw optioned the way I like 'em. The only other possible "upgrades" which are available to you are the optional clutch cover available on the Husky xpw models (red and black of course) and optional HARD AV springs. Look into into it if you feel the need to upgrade.

Spike, I am assuming that there will be no WH designated 2188's? I doubt it since Jonsered.se does not show any for the European market. Guess I will just have to get the parts for a 2186wh and make one myself :)

Kind of figured that Tilton would make an announcement in KY. Now the only thing left to hear/see is what the 227x will look like. How 'bout it PB?

Once again, way to go ale and the best of luck with that 2188....you win the prize for sure!

Is the 2188 going to a SawSpa some where?

Use in good health,

ole joat

ole joat...it's all you fault!
I did not know what a SawSpa was until you showed up with an SUV full of ported chainsaws!
...and yes, it's appointment needs to be made :)

ole joat...it's all you fault!
I did not know what a SawSpa was until you showed up with an SUV full of ported chainsaws!
...and yes, it's appointment needs to be made :)

Guilty as charged. I guess I'll be subject to a .1 second penalty at the next GTG.

Ale, Congratulations and thanks for the sweet set of pics. It's about time the 2188 made it over here.

Question- Is the 2188 fitted with a Tilly or Walbro carb. Both my 390xpg and 2186wh are fitted with Tilly carbs. I heard that Husky issued a tech bulletin some time last year(?) stating that the 385/390 would start using the Walbro. Very curious....

You have that saw optioned the way I like 'em. The only other possible "upgrades" which are available to you are the optional clutch cover available on the Husky xpw models (red and black of course) and optional HARD AV springs. Look into into it if you feel the need to upgrade.

The carb is a Walbro....I'd like to get the optional clutch cover and hard AV springs....do you have any part #'s handy?

Thanks Ale, Walbro it is. Part# for the "extended" clutch cover is 537 17 26. I take back the use of the word "extended" because physically they are same size. However, upon comparing it against the standard cover, the biggest difference is behind the cover. Slighter stouter build and considerably more volume with the the optional cover. I don't have the part #'s handy for the springs but if you can acquire access to a 385/390 ipl you can get straight from Husky. If you don't have them by tomorrow, PM me and I will dig them up for you.

They're on the way. :cheers:

The program was waiting for me in the mailbox today, so I called up and ordered some. Without getting specific, the price is about $50 less than a 390XP.

Nice!!!!!!

I picked up this brand new 2188 today from my Jonsered dealer. He did not know anything about this model. I called Tilton direct and they said it was released on Friday Oct. 9th and was replacing the 2186. They said it is going to debut at the show in KY. They wondered how I found out about its release since the dealers had not been informed yet....I simply said Arboristsite.com. I had the factory rep upfit it with the full wrap handle and large dogs. No chance to run it yet because it's going to get ported. Pretty much a 390xp in red and black....I think i'll like!

33.jpg

34.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

Love my 2186!!! Milled alot of wood with it and still never a prob....Looks like I gonna have to save up for a second milling saw!!!!

Latest posts

Back