Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would be easier to list the models you aren't hoarding!

That's funny...........wouldn't be half so funny if it wasn't true......LOL!!!!

Haven't been able to upgrade my sig since we switched servers.......this one says I gotts to many saw in my sig already.....won't let me.....LOL!!!

Send a message to JacobJ . I got a new one from him a few years ago for my Partner P100 w/ 36" Oregon.

I think he was in attendance on the 'other' site/Husky thread when we were talkin' about Jay(sawgarage). I'll double check with him though, thanks.

When I was googling these tips, I ran across a Bailey's advert for them. They found some in the bowels of their old warehouse and sold them all. I really don't need to read stuff like that....just gives me anxiety......especially when I saw the 5 gal bucket of all new tips.

Kevin

Yeah I could live with the bolt with the rest in good paint and fair sticker rather than lots of mag showing from wear and tear......as long as the fix works good.....but let me know I've been hoarding 910 stuff.....

Me too...bought that really nice bunch of parts from that saw shop lady on the bay....all but the P&C basically. I would have liked to have seen the complete saw...oh well. Then I scored that 910 NOS P&C from that Canadian guy that was trying to sell the 'remanufactured' 910 for long. I made him an offer and he took it. So basically, I have another complete 910. I didn't want TWO...lol...so I really did catalog the spare parts. When I retire, I might go for a 920 & a 930 just for sh*ts & grins. But I really wanna try a Husky 394 since that and the 3120 replaced the 2100. I may never get that far and that's OK. My original goal was to have (2)80's, (2)90's and (2)Husky 2100's....100% and woods-worthy. Not there yet, although the saw are all here now....lol.

The CAD thing is a little overwhelming at times....!

Kevin

I may never have the pleasure of trying a heated handle....very rare bird out here. When I was loggin' in the winters of CO, I wore cotton faller gloves and the first half hr was pretty miserable, but then we were working so hard it was never a bother until you had to stop for a bit like lunch. This was down to -30F or so. I don't think my circulation could do that anymore at my age and I'm not anxious to try!

My 910 is in pieces, so I'll take a look inside the recoil cover and see what it's supposed to have.....I'm curious now if this is another weak point in the saw.

Kevin
I had one or two Jonnys with heated handles. It was good but, lacking any relay or fuse, the switches would melt after a while. Then it warming my fingers occasionally on the exhaust, which worked really well once I went to the archaic Pioneers with the exhaust squirting out the side.

I had one or two Jonnys with heated handles. It was good but, lacking any relay or fuse, the switches would melt after a while. Then it warming my fingers occasionally on the exhaust, which worked really well once I went to the archaic Pioneers with the exhaust squirting out the side.

Hey Jack....sounds like maybe the heated handle switch was possibly not meant for pro operation day in and day out? LOL....I remember warming my finger tips on the 2100 exhaust...wow, that takes me back!

Did you ever get a P&C for that 80 you were working on?

Kevin

Hey Jack....sounds like maybe the heated handle switch was possibly not meant for pro operation day in and day out? LOL....I remember warming my finger tips on the 2100 exhaust...wow, that takes me back!

Did you ever get a P&C for that 80 you were working on?

Kevin
I just checked with my nephew, and there is apparently something in the works for his 801. We don't don't know yet if it will come to fruition, but there is at least one old-timer saw geek on the project now. And that's actually going on 2,000 miles from here. I'll get back to you when I know more.

I'm glad the fires are calming down out your way.

I just checked with my nephew, and there is apparently something in the works for his 801. We don't don't know yet if it will come to fruition, but there is at least one old-timer saw geek on the project now. And that's actually going on 2,000 miles from here. I'll get back to you when I know more.

I'm glad the fires are calming down out your way.

Oh yeah, it was an 801...same thing except for the air filter and top cover. What I have is rough, consider it a last resort.

Yeah we had an unbelievable amount of rain in a two day period....that helped a lot with the fires. But right before that, we had a gusty, windy few days with absolutely no moisture....the very worst thing the firefighters feared. That probably brought the rain storm in.

Kevin

OK so the 49SP isn't rare, but if this seller is serious about not shipping they might not even get a single bid. If you're near Macomb, Michigan this could be a good deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonsereds-chainsaw-/271962231737?hash=item3f523653b9

Yep I saw that and was tempted until I saw it was local pick up only....

Of course Robin saw the 49sp...he probably knows where every one is in NA....lol! Seriously though, if you do local pickup on eBay, you're usually no better off than craigslist. You could get lucky and have a collector near you, but otherwise it's usually a fool's gamble for something like a chainsaw. I have a small bicycle collection and I would drive a couple of states away for one particular bike....but that's me and bikes are very hard to ship without damage and very expensive....usually $120 is the bare bones minimum to send a bike.

Other stuff I collect I find on craigslist and talk the seller into shipping. Some people act like that's taking a HUGE chance as a seller....not if they are sent the money & shipping up front....don't understand the mentality there and the bad rap, as they have nothing to lose. Actually as a buyer, I'm taking a HUGE chance that they're honest and they will follow through.

Kevin

He ended up shipping the saw to me, no troubles. I had been bidding on his other stuff, also, and hoped to get the lot, which would have justified the drive or having a buddy who lives near the seller go pick it up for me. Fate was not on my side, and I missed out on the stuff I wanted and ended up with the 49sp parts saw that I really didn't want/need. But for $8 + shipping...why not?

IMG_4929.JPG

Now, that said, I'm going to sell off both of them because even though the runner 49sp is a nice enough saw, it was a CAD buy and I'm not going to actually use it. So it will be up in the trading post section soon enough - runner + parts saw, both PHO. Stay tuned!

Oh yeah, it was an 801...same thing except for the air filter and top cover. What I have is rough, consider it a last resort.

Yeah we had an unbelievable amount of rain in a two day period....that helped a lot with the fires. But right before that, we had a gusty, windy few days with absolutely no moisture....the very worst thing the firefighters feared. That probably brought the rain storm in.

Kevin
I have some idea what you were going through with the fires out there. (A lot of your smoke found its way here.) Two years ago, the West Fork Complex fire very close to here burned nearly 200 sq. miles, if I remember correctly. It was hot, dry, and windy, and the fire blasted right up over the continental divide. Kinda scary.

The 801 I had was the best of the many Jonsereds I owned over the years. Really solid and dependable. I shoulda hung on to it.

Yeah....I got 35+yrs on this one and it can almost keep up with my bone stock 90....almost. You just can't beat the durability of those old Jonsereds and a two ring, dome top piston.

These guys on the forums are trying to get 14,000-16,000rpm from the newer, smaller saws. Can they really hold up at that, day after day?

Kevin

Yeah....I got 35+yrs on this one and it can almost keep up with my bone stock 90....almost. You just can't beat the durability of those old Jonsereds and a two ring, dome top piston.

These guys on the forums are trying to get 14,000-16,000rpm from the newer, smaller saws. Can they really hold up at that, day after day?

Kevin

That's a question that you will never get an honest answer to.

He ended up shipping the saw to me, no troubles. I had been bidding on his other stuff, also, and hoped to get the lot, which would have justified the drive or having a buddy who lives near the seller go pick it up for me. Fate was not on my side, and I missed out on the stuff I wanted and ended up with the 49sp parts saw that I really didn't want/need. But for $8 + shipping...why not?

View attachment 447191

Now, that said, I'm going to sell off both of them because even though the runner 49sp is a nice enough saw, it was a CAD buy and I'm not going to actually use it. So it will be up in the trading post section soon enough - runner + parts saw, both PHO. Stay tuned!

If the tank looks good on the parts saw, PM me and maybe we can make a deal.

Latest posts

Back