Jonsered Turbo 2094

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just acquired a Jonsered Torbo 2094 and would like to know if it would be beneficial to do a muffler mod. on it. If so what size holes should be put in and any other mods to baffles etc. If there is a post on doing this to a similar model and someone wants to direct me to it that would also be appreciated and yes I did use the search function and did not come up with mods to this saw or ones around this size.
Pioneerguy600

Hey Jerry-

The muffler is the weak point on those Jonsereds. Otherwise, they're an absolutely outstanding saw. I usually just a make hole identical to the stock outlet on the opposite side of the muffler and mount the Husky exhaust deflector.

I did mine (2095) a few years back. I wanted to keep it looking stock so just opened up the existing hole some (2x area) and replaced screen. But I think there is more too it.

When I first took it off and looked into the muffler from the mounting side (memory vague here) I noticed the internal division which I think directed flow down the side closest to the mounting and then back up again before exiting.

At the top of this division was also a hole (~9/16" again memory here). The division did not seem to just be a baffle. I wondered if the chamber on the first side of the division had something more involved going on - like resonance or something - so I didn't want to just bore out that hole some more in case I redirected too much flow or wave or whatever. Instead of pulling it apart I put another hole the same size next to the existing hole by drilling in from the back and then patching the outer hole (can't see it there when mounted). So fingers crossed I have not up set that whatever. :dunno:

Long story short - unless you add more flow inside; adding more flow outside is not going to improve flow much/at all or can you guys tell us more about the internal(s).

Sorry is old thread but interesting one!

On this 2094 I opened up the existing hole to the point that the deflector just covered the exit port, it seemed adequate to allow the exhaust flow and not raise the exhaust note too much. With the porting job and squish adjustment I did the saw was very strong. It now resides in Hawaii where it belongs to a fellow member that appreciates it very much.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks. The problem with older threads I guess.

So its just a deflector plate? Whats the hole for then?

Inside. The flow appears to go down the internal division then come back up before exiting completely - but there is also a hole at the top (internal between 1st & 2nd chambers - I think they are chambers?) which flow can also escape to 2nd chamber of muffler. Sorry for confusion.

I think it is an internal restriction (on mine at least).

On this 2094 I opened up the existing hole to the point that the deflector just covered the exit port, it seemed adequate to allow the exhaust flow and not raise the exhaust note too much. With the porting job and squish adjustment I did the saw was very strong. It now resides in Hawaii where it belongs to a fellow member that appreciates it very much.
Pioneerguy600

You got that right! I wouldn't change a thing to what Jerry did to it. Tons of torque to handle a 42" bar with some authority in some very hard wood. It has some fairly stout compression. You don't give it a half hearted pull unless you want to break your knuckles.

Ok ,...I only enlarged the outside exit hole, the inner baffle only looked like it deflected the exhaust down and under, the front half of the muffler was open bottom to top where it exited. On the top ,outside right hand side of the muffler where the exit hole is located there is a deflector that redirects the flow a bit toward the front.
Pioneerguy600

That was my conclusion; flow down, up, and out. So why the hole in between the two chambers at the top?

You got that right! I wouldn't change a thing to what Jerry did to it. Tons of torque to handle a 42" bar with some authority in some very hard wood. It has some fairly stout compression. You don't give it a half hearted pull unless you want to break your knuckles.

You got that right brother! You better pull THAT rope like you mean it! Lol

I took some time today and opened up the covers to take a look where the decomp valve should be behind the recoil and there is no place there that was intended for a valve to be installed so I guess that only some of the saws came with decomp. The cylinder fins would have to be milled out to mount one on the side of the cylinder. While removing the top cover/air filter and cover for it I have come to the conclusion that this saw was barely run, there is not a speck of sawdust or dirt under there and the airfilter looks brand new.
Pioneerguy600
94 didnt 95 did, knock-offs come threaded

Latest posts

Back