Just got a call

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarolar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My friends BIL owns a landscaping business and just cleared a lot that included 4 large (30"+) pecan trees plus more smaller hardwoods, just guessing he thinks there is 6+ cords in all on the ground. Tomorrow I have thanksgiving will all my family but Friday he and I are getting together and running the 7900,2101 and the speeco 30 tonn untill we drop dead or run out of wood. Pictures to follow. :msp_smile:

Sounds like a good time! I am going to buck up some big Poplar friday too :) I shall post pics

Sure gives a whole new meaning to the term "Black Friday."

I've gotta get a haircut and accompany the SheWolf on a furniture shopping trip. If I had my druthers I'd ruther be out there limbing that pecan or Shane's poplar. :)

I've gotta get a haircut and accompany the SheWolf on a furniture shopping trip. If I had my druthers I'd ruther be out there limbing that pecan or Shane's poplar. :)

I would love to have you out here limbing up Poplar all day with me :) Not sure if you can handle this size of poplar though. It's about a 28" Poplar :)

We don't "do" Black Friday. We'll probably be milling up those cherry logs, or going after that big oak we took down a while back. Need some rough-sawn oak?

I would love to have you out here limbing up Poplar all day with me :) Not sure if you can handle this size of poplar though. It's about a 28" Poplar :)

I'm sure Fred would be right at home working a 28" poplar; and taking great pics while he was at it. ;o)

Sounds like a great find. I just used some pecan to smoke some Boston butts with last night. I mixed it with some hickory
and cooked it low and slow. Man! Thanksgiving BBQ is great!

Sounds like fun.Will be looking at some red oak on black friday while the better half and kids go shoping.

This will be the first chance I get to run it for very long every time I fire it up it seems like all the sawing is done already.

I'm glad it went to a good home, Get a 28" or 32" bar for it. Crank the oiler and go to town.... I kinda miss it! The 5100 is so loney being the only red one left in a garage full of orange and white....

646009E6-806D-477B-9226-5B9B452CD7CD-1388-000002E67251582A.jpg

95A9C96C-499E-4E65-B803-A3CF72770AC3-1388-000002E67348FB44.jpg

On the way to the promised land now I'll check back in around lunch when we slow down for food.

I'm thinking the same thing, if its 30" diameter, its a bit more wood.

LOL

A 30'' Pecan is BIG Pecan tree too!! Are they really that big?

Exact opposite, turned out to be two small trees already bucked up into 12" lengths.:msp_mad: So anyway we gave up on that plan and turned to plan B.

Same buddy has a sawmill and has people bring logs to mill and for some reason decide not to mill them or don't have the money to have it done anyway end result is alot of hardwood logs laying in the pasture, so we commenced to bucking and splitting.

2012-11-23_09-22-59_281.jpg

2012-11-23_17-24-54_333.jpg

Pretty easy going, buck up on the lull and split. I believe we ended up with about 2 cords when we finished from 9-5:30 today. That is my firewood rig pictured I usually load it down heavier but It's a 90min drive home from his house to mine on interstate so I went light on it.

Latest posts

Back