Lakeside53 Still Around ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glock37

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Is Lakeside53 Still around Havent seen him Post in a while I sent him a Pm and Have'nt heard Back

Yep... problems:

#1 No search used

#2 How do I mod a muffler?

#3 No search used

:)

Gary
So, your saying this didn't bother him for several years, but then he realized and got tired of it?

It's all good, your only speculating on why he stopped being an ASwipe, anyway...

So, your saying this didn't bother him for several years, but then he realized and got tired of it?

It's all good, your only speculating on why he stopped being an ASwipe, anyway...

I'm not speculating in the least... I talk to Andy quite frequent... We only live an hour from each other...

You tell me if answering the same questions over and over again, and havin' your PM box maxed out all the time wouldn't get annoying?

Gary

You have never did something for years, put up with the BS that goes along with it, and then finally decided its not worth it and quit? And why do you feel the need to call him an ASwipe?

You have never did something for years, put up with the BS that goes along with it, and then finally decided its not worth it and quit? And why do you feel the need to call him an ASwipe?
Sure, I think we all have.

We're all ASwipes, you and me too!

I use that for anyone hanging around AS, sorry if that bothers you...:chainsaw:

I'm not speculating in the least... I talk to Andy quite frequent... We only live an hour from each other...

You tell me if answering the same questions over and over again, and havin' your PM box maxed out all the time wouldn't get annoying?

Gary

Hey Gary, what oil should i use i'm my stihl's?.

I'm thinking of getting another saw, i cut trees. Witch one do i need?

Saw is int running good, I'm to lazy to clean/rebuild the carb. What's wrong with it?

What bar do i need?

How can i mod my muffler?

Whats wrong with Christianity?

Oboma sucks do you agree?

Should we have gay maradge?

Should i wear chaps?

Sorta like that?

I think he's more tolerable than myself.

I am starting to loose interest as I have my chainsaws pretty much sorted out for the tasks I need them for. Now I will be fixing up my 041 Super, it's more of a collectible, and something more to do with personal interest. I have the saws I need to build my log home, actually more than I need as I have 4 of them for that. I really only need a couple. Hanging out here has effected me in that sense, and I think I have more saws that I would have had if I wasn't hanging around here. Also, finding chainsaws for $25-$50 and fixing them up is kinda rewarding...I'm trying to keep myself from looking for them as they are all over, plentiful at cheap prices.

What is curious is how someone could go for several years, with so much generosity to help others (he was an icon, IMO), but then all of the sudden realize it was not how they wanted to spend their time...

What I'm saying is that I'm amazed at how long it took him to realize that.

Look, we won't change the inet, or the people that use it. People will continue to ask the same questions as they have been. The same anal engineers will frequent it, and will ask and do the same anal things...yes, I'm one of them, I work on the computer and have access to them most always...I have been doing this type work for 25+ years. When I find some work I will be more occupied and my time being an ASwipe will diminish.

I have gone through many phases of different "social networks", and AS is merely a "social network" for chainsaw aficionados for me. All of our mileage varies. You being a person working in the woods probably sees it differently.

What amazes me is the time it took someone like Andy to realize that there was more than answering the same 3 questions over and over. That's all...:monkey:

I'm just here to keep all you Turkeys in line... :laugh:

Gary
Gary,

That's fair, there is no question that quite a few turkeys need to be kept in line...I probably resemble that turkey remark as well as anyone else.

I guess what I was trying to say was that we won't stop people from needing to cut firewood, they need chainsaws for that and will have their set of problems, others are searching for the fastest cookie cutter they can port and/or the fastest chain they can put on that will shave a freakin' second off their cut in hardwood. The people that will spend $300 to have someone port a saw for them so they can also be that fast...and even the folks that work in the woods, they use their saws for their livelihood...

AS can be a brutal forum, IMO, more so than many others on the inet...there's often fightin' words being tossed around, this is very much like being in a lumberjack camp...it's all good, IMO, and a lot of great info is shared here. I try to help out folks, when I can, just as some others have helped me! :cheers:

I can realate,

Just my 2cents....

To start, this is a great site, there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here and a long list of people who are willing to help dispense all of it. BUT...being a public site on the net brings out the bad along with the good from Jon Q Public. I myself walked away from here in the spring, and have only in the last week or two started to troll through the threads again. For me, it was mostly because saws and saw tinkering are a winter's project (really too busy in the summer). A big secondary factor was, as Gary pointed out, the amount of repeat questions. 60% of the treads started on any given day, are the same ones being asked the day I joined this site. For popular and sharing members here, it must get tedious and repetitive and I understand how the over time the passion can wain.
I hope Andy is watching quietly from the sidlines, and I know that he is sorely missed here, but do we really need anymore threads started with "which saw", "which oil", "which bar", "which brand"????? NO!!!, but Jon Q Public will continue to post them anyway.

Latest posts

Back