Lakeside53 Still Around ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If people cannot ask simple questions, wether they used the search or not, then they might as well just lock all the threads and go home IMO.

It's been my experience in my short time here that the same questions get asked over and over anyways, very seldom do you see any thread on a totally uncharted territory topic at all. Most people here don't mind answering the same question, its what we are here for, is to purely BS about chainsaws and our toys.

IMO, anyone that gets tired of answering questions, then go... in the scheme of things, its no great loss, another "great icon" will be right behind the one that just left.

I haven't seen much that was truly new and interesting here for quite some time now, same old, which splitter to buy, which saw to buy, which stove, how do I modify this, how do you haul your wood, which chain, which OIL... then you have the political people... "well so and so lies", "this guys a jerk", "you are an ass" and the everpresent...."we are going to collapse as a country and die".. SSDD

HOWEVER, to the people just coming here looking for info, and some fun banter, it is new to them and interesting.

To anyone new here, welcome and enjoy... most of the people here don't mind answering your questions, wether you use the search or not and will give you polite responses to your honest questions. :cheers:

Thats what forums are for. :clap:

Last edited:
It's the nature of the beast, so to speak, or the medium..

When folks first come upon a site of interest,. they think they have found nirvana, populated by all kindred spirits with the same intertests.. As time goes on, new folks join and start the same discussions all over again.. This turnover happens numerous times ad infinitum.
Some of the originals and long time members get disgusted and leave, or need an extended period of R&R.. A new ruling class takes over to razz the newbies. Sometimes the oldtime members drift back to find an entirely new group to deal with, and sometimes not.. It's the same on all forums, covering all subjects.
Then there are the folks that are not what they appear to be for various reasons.. Some have a desire to fit in with the "big dogs" on the board, when they really don't.. It's easy to be a pretender on the computer.
These type forums offer tons of information and good advice, but how many time can a person answer the same questions and discuss the same topic?
How many times can we read the same magazine on the same subject for years on end.. The same old writers rehashing the same old subjects for an entirely new group of subscribers..
It's a natural evolution... It can't be helped..

Just the thoughts of a "newbie" who is still at the stage that which 2 cycle oil to use is still interesting.. :)

Hey Gary, what oil should i use i'm my stihl's?.

I'm thinking of getting another saw, i cut trees. Witch one do i need?

Saw is int running good, I'm to lazy to clean/rebuild the carb. What's wrong with it?

What bar do i need?

How can i mod my muffler?

Whats wrong with Christianity?

Oboma sucks do you agree?

Should we have gay maradge?

Should i wear chaps?

Sorta like that?

Well theres that and then theres all the people who ask the same questions over and over again and then want to argue with you when you give them the answer the asked for but didnt really want in the first place and even worse yet they type it all out in run on sentences without using any punctuation or paragraphs and refuse to proof read or spell check anything the type or even worse yet the use words with numbers like GR8 or 2nite or 2moro like they're in fifth grade texting theyre BFF or something and then theres the part where the always leave the H out of the word thread or the Y off of the word they. :D

:laugh: There, that ought to just about drive Gary over the edge. :laugh:

On a more serious note will Ethanol hurt my saw? and should I run 110 octane race fuel or can I get by on 85 pump gas????

Hi Gary.

Well theres that and then theres all the people who ask the same questions over and over again and then want to argue with you when you give them the answer the asked for but didnt really want in the first place and even worse yet they type it all out in run on sentences without using any punctuation or paragraphs and refuse to proof read or spell check anything the type or even worse yet the use words with numbers like GR8 or 2nite or 2moro like they're in fifth grade texting theyre BFF or something and then theres the part where the always leave the H out of the word thread or the Y off of the word they. :D

:laugh: There, that ought to just about drive Gary over the edge. :laugh:

On a more serious note will Ethanol hurt my saw? and should I run 110 octane race fuel or can I get by on 85 pump gas????

Hi Gary.

Then there are some old fat drunks that like to fight with everyone AND keep
responding to the same questions, since they have nothing else to do on a Sat. night.

The difference may be whether or not the response is consistantly correct,
or just plain wrong.......Or they just like to stir up some muck, and let loose
the badger now and again...

I have been here longer than almost every current poster, consider
Andy/Lakeside a friend, and yes I was burnt out 7 years ago, but am
just real stubborn, have to check on you guys, make sure you all behave, etc.

Andy may or not pop back by, but the incessant requests gets old, and
time consuming, so I can feel his reasons for leaving.

responding to the same questions, since they have nothing else to do on a Sat. night.

you need to shut up too... you Jive Turkey

Fish :monkey:

I think you were describing spaces lazy :censored:.

I'm going to go mix my gas with bar oil and see what it does?

You said my fuel line is bad? NO, it only has 3 hole's in it and i patched it with duck tape!

I can't type to save my life! So spell check is my friend. I'm a slow retard.

I break my sentences up all over so people can decipher my disasters.
Fair enough?

Well now, so you were on the other side of that transaction went bad
thread, eh????

Why was that thread closed????? Hel lll, it was just gettin good.

No you Jive Turkey, I wasnt on the other side of that transaction that went bad.....I was on the third side.... hmmmmmmm.....what does that even mean.....but i still think you are a Jive Turkey...add that to your signature. lol

Fish :monkey:

I think you were describing spaces lazy :censored:.

I'm going to go mix my gas with bar oil and see what it does?

You said my fuel line is bad? NO, it only has 3 hole's in it and i patched it with duck tape!

I can't type to save my life! So spell check is my friend. I'm a slow retard.

I break my sentences up all over so people can decipher my disasters.
Fair enough?

:laugh: Mind if I steal that one for my sig line, describes me to a T. :laugh:

Yes spell check is my friend also but at least we know it and use it. :laugh:
:cheers:

No you Jive Turkey, I wasnt on the other side of that transaction that went bad.....I was on the third side.... hmmmmmmm.....what does that even mean.....but i still think you are a Jive Turkey...add that to your signature. lol

Are there even any trees in Iowa?????

I am here because I had a question about a stihl saw, and google led my here. After my question was answered, I started to read the older threads, which eventually led to other saws. Now I am here not only to learn (mostly from my own mistakes), but have made several good Friends along the way. I have learned to use the search function, so not to beat the dead horse. I cant really beeyatch about the newbies asking the same questions over and over, because I was there once.

Besides, this is the only place I can go and see Gary getting called a pecker-head.........and that never gets old:)!!

Are there even any trees in Iowa?????

Chainsaws???? Trees???? Interesting thought there Fish. I have just been using mine to mix paint. Works pretty well. What chain would you recommend for that?

Chainsaws???? Trees???? Interesting thought there Fish. I have just been using mine to mix paint. Works pretty well. What chain would you recommend for that?

If it was white paint you should use semi-chisel because the paint is colored by zinc oxide and that is basically metal. If you hit metal with anything but a semi-chisel chain you will stop cutting instantly and the saw may even start to add material back to what you were cutting.

Mr. HE:cool:

If it was white paint you should use semi-chisel because the paint is colored by zinc oxide and that is basically metal. If you hit metal with anything but a semi-chisel chain you will stop cutting instantly and the saw may even start to add material back to what you were cutting.

Mr. HE:cool:

SO what your saying is the saw would become a welder?

I think that saying Andy was just answering the same three questions over and over is overstating the case (I understand for effect, of course, Gary). Fact is, Andy helped in and participated on all kinds of far more involved projects, to our collective benefit. I'm certain that these episodes helped keep his interest for a long time.

But Andy is a smart guy with a lot of interests.... I believe he is into machine work and who knows what all else. That dang barn he built was WAAAY too big for just chainsaw work. I'm glad to see that he has other interests and had the character to let us AS folk know he was going to focus on those for while.

I'm happy that he's doing stuff he likes! At the end of the day, I hope we can all say we care about each other's health and happiness. I suspect he'll chime in again when the time is right... he has a long history with chainsaws, there's prolly no erasing that. I didn't figure we'd see Gypo again, but I'm sure pleased he's decided to putter around with us again. Maybe he'll take some more recent pictures of his butt for us.

Latest posts

Back