land clearing with husqvarna 365sp & 440xtorq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone here!! Firstly I want to say I hope you all are good and life is kind. Yes the world is in the middle of a pandemic but we are all in the same boat and trying to follow the rules and survive. Anyway, I have been working away all the years sinse at the same work. Business was IMG_20200415_163631.jpgIMG_20200320_200739.jpgIMG_20200404_120756_114.jpgIMG_20200408_214758_772.jpgIMG_20200404_120756_121.jpgIMG_20200326_123924_536.jpggood and still is. I have a lot of news and updates. Lucky for me I fall in to the 'Essential business' category during this lockdown and can deliver firewood to the elderly/ vulnerable and that is a great feeling to help out in these tough times. Anyway, I was meaning to log in along the way but had issues remembering my log in credentials until I was looking through and old notebook this evening and found them!! My last log in was sept 2015 I think SO time for some news. My Husqvarna 365SP ohh man I love that saw, can you believe two years ago it gave its first issue ( have the saw now nine years) that's 9 years hard hard work/ cutting. It's issue was a tank vent which was a pain to diagnose as saw kept randomly cutting out so I checked engine and it looked mint,. Took head off and I was surprised at how clean it all looked anyway, I assumed something drastic but it turned out just tank vent. I sorted that and popped on a new piston ring all was sweet. It didn't even need the ring. So fast forward to 3 weeks ago it made s funny sound and stopped when lodged in a massive Ash tree, I assumed something bad but I dodged a bullet again This time I took head off and the piston had shattered but after using compressed air and cleaning out the whole engine I could NOT believe my luck the head was not even marked. The cylinder looked A1... So a good cleaning,A new piston kit,(ring, piston needle bearing and gasket all in the kit later and this saw is like new!! That just cost me 85e genuine husky piston set out of a kit from my local dealer. I can't praise the saw enough it can't be killed and the only thing I can say why the piston finally shattered is letting it run out of petrol all those years!! So some of you might remember I used use 445 and 440 both saws I finally abandoned and last year buying a 550XP... I really loved that saw, I bought it used at a great price. 3 weeks ago it would no longer start (Assumed autotune carb) but was told it was something that damaged the lower crank cases from outside like a wedged piece of wood. Least that was the speculation from the local Husky main dealer as the lowrrcases would no longer hold a seal and a small chunk was missing. Mmm... Strange.In the year I had that saw I done a lot of work with it and it owed my nothing to be fair! So as I was stuck for a saw I bought a brand new 550XP Mark2 and traded my own. Love it so far!!! Lads I have lots of updates and have been cutting massive trees since. I will try to update here along the way Greetings from Limerick,Ireland! Looking forward to the banter IMG_20200323_120322.jpgIMG_20200327_165948.jpgIMG_20200415_185725_147.jpgIMG_20200415_163102.jpg

IMG_20200416_132738.jpg. Few more pics from today & See above pics too just added. Scorcher of a lovely hot day here today. These Ash trees are monsters. A LOT of loads in them. They were trees I cut for a local farmer before this lockdown but lucky farmers can work away during this lock down so I am isolated here nicely on my own These trees had the Ash disease in the bottom and were gone very dangerous. Now he needs them removed as they are reseeding soon. Today was my first day testing out my new 550XP MK2 saw. Love it so far...very powerful and high revving!!

I see you've upgraded your jeep
Hi Wyk, yes I did. I bought this Patrol before Christmas with it's injection pump dead. I done the job myself( Mongrel of a job) but it was a success and is going great. It is fully loaded top of the range model but I mainly wanted it for the rear seats because it has the same tax as my last Commercial one it been a crew cab. Rear seats are handy.So how's things with you man? The world is gone weird

Sorry there because i am having trouble writing /posting from my phone here and i can't resize pics to smaller thumbnail size,i think my issue is the page is taking forever to upload because the pics are gone up too big. Can anyone tell me how to thumbnail them? Or even if a moderator could resize this page it would be great!

Cheers All, this site is easier to use from my PC.

-Dan

Latest posts

Back