Looking for an intermediate saw suggestion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey folks. I've got a stihl MS261 with an 18" bar on it and a Husqvarna 372xp. I've been thinking of buying another saw somewhere between those two sizes. Something that would run a 22" bar with plenty of power. I was hoping to get some suggestions! Thanks,

Geordie

I always felt like the 372XP, especially the OE, was a really nice intermediate sized saw. Some people will call it a “big” saw, and it’s really not. I’ve kind of thought of “big” saws as six cubes and up.

If you want something between the two, Husqvarna’s 562XP will fit all the bars for your 372 and probably be right at home with that length of bar.

Do you have to justify the purchase with a legitimate need, or do you buy new toys at free will? Reason I ask, I recently sold off my 2 "intermediate" saws because a good 50cc and a good 70cc covers everything I need to do quite well, so it was the "practical" thing to do. On the other hand, whether it's practical or not, $570 shipped to my door for a shiny new 562xp powerhead is awful tempting since I have large mount husky bars and a bunch of chains.

Latest posts

Back