Looking for an older and unique project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the 07S.
256160142_pdopw-M.jpg

256160112_ivfRt-M.jpg

I should be keeping up on this thread, I never suspected my old wood stove would make the big screen. By the way Brad you will have to post some progress pics I'm starting to miss her already. Even though she has lived in the shed for a couple years.

I'm anxiously awaiting her arrival. This one's likely to get a proper paint job automotive paint. It deserves a proper restoration and it would be a shame for it to be wearing paint that wouldn't hold up to a little use. These old saws sure have a lot darker orange. It's almost more of a red. The grey is darker as well.

My fathers 08 is red, and mine is orange. I'm guessing the change in color came sometime in the mid 70's.

Ps I know that above isnt an 08 LOL and that also some stihls were orange even in the early 70's

Last edited:
Good Score Gummi!!!!!!

Thanks Rivers.Wont have photo's , other than Ebays till it arrives.
Can anyone see which 090 it is

Seller had only just posted it.As soon as i saw it ,i asked what he'd be happy with. $50 more than he opened with, was the reply.Agreed and he changed it to a buy now.
Proof will be when we open her up.But gotta admit am very pleased,so far.

:cheers:

Thanks Rivers.Wont have photo's , other than Ebays till it arrives.
Can anyone see which 090 it is

:cheers:

Gumnuts, by the looks of it, that is a 090AV with the top handle AV bar. Great score and good price, I would say.. :clap: :clap: The only saw that looks identical from a distance is the 070AV, but since it is advertised as a 090, that's what it should be. A monster saw that is :greenchainsaw:

Great catch there! Is this your first 090?

Yes Brad ,first 090.
A mate offered me one last year for $700.Was really beaten up .He sold it
for $900.The guy who bought it has spent $400 ,doing it up.

Those Contras and Lightenings have more style in the looks department.
Went chasing an 08s today for $40 .Missed it.

re: no chain break
Gotto admit bit gun shire without chain break, on start up .But i guess it wont be much diff than other saws, in that respect, cause i don't use on start up anyways. Will want that idle working well,if I have to stop for...... snake .
:greenchainsaw:

thanks Belgium

Last edited:
I stumbled upon an old 041AV Super last night. It needs a coil and muffler. I'll hopefully be talking to him this afternoon and arranging the pick up. Oh, he's only asking $50!!!!!

It looks like a good cleaning will go a LONG way with this saw.
268132273_2BYwJ-M.jpg

268132265_89j7J-M.jpg

268132274_Lwrkq-M.jpg

268132263_8iwpD-M.jpg

I stumbled upon an old 041AV Super last night. It needs a coil and muffler. I'll hopefully be talking to him this afternoon and arranging the pick up. Oh, he's only asking $50!!!!!

It looks like a good cleaning will go a LONG way with this saw.
268132273_2BYwJ-M.jpg

268132265_89j7J-M.jpg

268132274_Lwrkq-M.jpg

268132263_8iwpD-M.jpg

If you come up with a spare muffler let me know!! i've got one ive gotta work on that needs a muffler

A big 100cc wouldn't be a bad idea. Something like a 2100, 1020XP, etc.

Go for it.
I have whats left of a Model 17 (I think). The gear reduction was cut off and it looks really rough. I've had it since I was little (had big dreams of some how getting into my Huffy) I have always wanted to find another and restore it.

Back