looking for new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocold4u2

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hey i`m looking for a new saw either a husky or a steel something in a 20-24 " range with plenty of power of going to a larger bar if i have too... i will be cutting 8 cords a year i`d say this saw would be for personal use and for a outdoor furnace .
thanks
al

where are you at in Ohio? Instead of recommending every saw on the face of the earth, I could let you run a couple 70-80cc saws and that way you could tell firsthand what you like.

Take a look at the Husqvarna 357XP with 4.4hp. It has a lot of power and pro features such as an adjustable oiler, aluminum handlebar with rubber grip ( unlike the plastic polymer types ). Magnesium crankcase for lighter weight. Compression release for easier starts on those cold days. It comes with a professional one piece bar that is milled out for the chain and has a replaceable sprocket tip. Beyond that it's just a saw that a joy to run.
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=38503

tbst said:
Same offer here. Got 372XP and coupla Stihls.

Akron, huh. Welcome to the site. I work in Tallmadge and live in Wooster. I need to get back to UA before I'm too old and it is too late!

new saw

hey frank , i`m located just north of troy , ohio , and south of lima , ohio
zip code is 45302, and my # 394-2711 bring me 3-5 of your best saws , i have a few 22-48 " logs to try them on
i`m open to the weekends mostly ,,,,,,except for gunweek for deer,,:cheers:
other than that give me a call if you got a sa that your wanting to sell
thanks
alan

new saw

hey frank , i`m located just north of troy , ohio , and south of lima , ohio
zip code is 45302, and my # 394-2711 bring me 3-5 of your best saws , i have a few 22-48 " logs to try them on
i`m open to the weekends mostly ,,,,,,except for gunweek for deer,,:cheers:
other than that give me a call if you got a sa that your wanting to sell
thanks
alan

He got so excited he posted twice.
Now calm down and he will probably help you out.:hmm3grin2orange:

Good god

Here we go again......... :deadhorse: Hey, I'm looking for a new saw. I'd like a bar that will cut logs about the size of both my feet together when they are added up. Any ideas??? :biggrinbounce2:

tocold4u2 said:
hey i`m looking for a new saw either a husky or a steel something in a 20-24 " range with plenty of power of going to a larger bar if i have too... i will be cutting 8 cords a year i`d say this saw would be for personal use and for a outdoor furnace .
thanks
al

ciscoguy01 said:
Here we go again......... :deadhorse: Hey, I'm looking for a new saw. I'd like a bar that will cut logs about the size of both my feet together when they are added up. Any ideas??? :biggrinbounce2:

Me too

\
ciscoguy01 said:
:jawdrop:

ciscoguy01 said:

Idea #1
Get with Red and see if he will sell you one of those Mac saws that somebody gave him and after thirteen surgeries he now has it running.

Idea #2
Read the Prince of Saws thread and gather up all of that moral fiber saw.
(oh wait, somebody locked it up) what a shame.

Idea #3
Make a thread that asks the question. Newbie looking for a saw that will cut a tree down. Instead of doing a search to find out everything they possibly would want to find out.

Idea #4
S#*%T, i'm out of ideas so just buy anything Stihl orange.

Peace Out

Ummmm

You guys do all realize that I was being facetious I hope. Seems like everyone that gets on here, their first or second post is, "Looking to buy a new saw" They should have a disclaimer and great big sign that reads to do a SEARCH for what your looking for... :confused:

ciscoguy01 said:
You guys do all realize that I was being facetious I hope. Seems like everyone that gets on here, their first or second post is, "Looking to buy a new saw" They should have a disclaimer and great big sign that reads to do a SEARCH for what your looking for... :confused:
I knew what you were trying to say.

Back