looking for new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ciscoguy01 said:
You guys do all realize that I was being facetious I hope. Seems like everyone that gets on here, their first or second post is, "Looking to buy a new saw" They should have a disclaimer and great big sign that reads to do a SEARCH for what your looking for... :confused:

I got it, was agreeing with you!
Andy

Lakeside53 said:
Try a Stihl 361 - you'll love it. You can put on a 28 inch (full skip chain) bar if you need to.
Sure you can, yes I agree, Or larger.

But this guy is from Ohio and the One and only saw is the Dolmar 5100.
Its the bestest saw in the whole wide world for firewood.:buttkick:

manual said:
Sure you can, yes I agree, Or larger.

But this guy is from Ohio and the One and only saw is the Dolmar 5100.
Its the bestest saw in the whole wide world for firewood.:buttkick:

Yeah, I'll bite the bait. :bang: What is your friggin problem dude? Show me where I said the 5100 was the bestest saw EVAR.

I think you have a large case of douchebagitis, either that or your vaginitis is flairing up again. :popcorn: :ices_rofl:

Thanks and back to your regular scheduled thread.

Ahhhh, Whats up Doc ?

Didn't mean to get your panties in a up roar. But now that you mentioned it.
Freakingstang said:
I disagree

For the guy that only wants one saw or can only afford one, the 5100 is a great all around saw with an 18" bar. I find I use my 5100 alot more than I should, just because it is the most powerful 50cc saw I have ever used.

This would be one of many. I could do a search if you would like

manual said:

No panty roarin here. You seem to be the one that has some kind of complex....I like the 5100, and have said I think it is a great saw Big deal. Get over it. A ton of other people like it to. You are the one that seems to think every homeowner needs an 80cc saw.

Please do a search. Knock your self out. Again I will say this.....

Freakingstang said:
Show me where I said the 5100 was the bestest saw EVAR.

manual said:

Yes, for one saw, that would be a good choice, but he has also said the 5100 and 7900 would be a great pair, he has also said the the 346 and 372 would be a great pair. For years I just used one saw for everything, a couple of those years it was all done with a Husky 350! I don't see an issue with the 5100 being a decent firewood saw (depending on wood size) I know guys that think a 260 is the cats meow for firewood!!
Never ran a Dolmar, but if they are as good as they say, I may own one some day. I still havn't ran my 346 yet!!! Only reason I bought it was I have ever heard a bad word about it!!:cheers:
Andy

Back