Lube for chain sprocket needle bearing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an oil pump can with half motor oil and half AT Fluid. Use it wherever, little dabs.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I use the grease that I use for my bar tip sprockets (yes I grease the bar tip, had an Echo bind up on me once, greased them ever since.)

I us the Stihl lube, I think it's just white lithium grease.
Only reason is I found several tubes while cleaning the shop a few years ago, so may as well use it.
I've used a dab out of the tub of wheel bearing grease or whatever was in the nearest grease gun too.

My first 460 kept burning up bearings. They would last a month or two and melt down. I tried all sorts of grease, at $15 a bearing it was getting a bit annoying.
Replaced the clutch and drum too.

Never did figure it out, smashed the saw with a Komatsu 220LC3 delimber track one night.

I us the Stihl lube, I think it's just white lithium grease.
Only reason is I found several tubes while cleaning the shop a few years ago, so may as well use it.
I've used a dab out of the tub of wheel bearing grease or whatever was in the nearest grease gun too.
Thanks for the replies. I thought white lithium was a good choice, but wassn't sure. I have this and several other choices.

Latest posts

Back