Making some 044, 064, 066 Dogs. . .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! Thanks JJ!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to call my cousin and see if he'll let me dig through his Dragon hoard of Huskies and template some of them? I know he had a 2100, 181, and some 262 (or 268) saws in there. Hell, maybe even a 288 or 298?

I know I can get my paws on a 298 to template. . . Are they the same body as the 2100?

Nate,
I received the 461 Dogs in good order today... Thanks for the fast shipping.
I will take some shots of the chromed dogs and post them next week..

One question.... What's up with the Dragon Fruit Peach Mich Ultra? :msp_scared:

** Thanks again !!

Nate,
I received the 461 Dogs in good order today... Thanks for the fast shipping.
I will take some shots of the chromed dogs and post them next week..

One question.... What's up with the Dragon Fruit Peach Mich Ultra? :msp_scared:

** Thanks again !!

My wife drinks that swill. . . If I had to imagine what it was like to lick a peach, and then a dogs butt -- that's what that 'beer' tastes like. :laugh:

Hey Nate ; I got home this morning at about 1 . When I got up 8:30 I found the dogs. A bunch and a set. The bunch needed to be fed and let out. The set will go on my 460 Stihl.
They look awesome I Really like the thickness of them and their shape. It may be a while before I get to use them tho as I think that powerhead is gonna take a trip south to get modded. I finally ordered a new tank for that saw.

Thank you Sir.
I'm gonna have ta get a set for the 390 Husky XPW later on.

View attachment 300544
Want in? They're gonna be 4-point -- laser cut from 3,View attachment 300544mm Domex.

Domex is very, very tough stuff! :msp_thumbup:

These will fit: 044/MS440, 064, 066/MS660

Because of info in the above quote, I will have to work up some 046/460 dogs as they're different enough to matter on fit-up. Or you can just slot the catcher hole to make it work.

Anyway, shipped to your door they're $24.00 (lower 48) -- I'm not making money, that's the cost plus a Priority Mail box.

Let me know, I'm fix'n to order soon.

Here's what they look like in the hand. (template wise)

attachment.php

G'day I've had a few laser cut myself in Australia they have been hardened and fit any saw from 024 to 066

Just curious about some feed back on the 200T spike on how it performs and how much bar length is lost?

I think Cody pulled it off his 200t. He said it was a little grabby when he was in a tree last week.

I never got the details, but it sounded like it was situational, and not a constant thing.

The spikes fit the 200 rear handle and the 021 as well. . . Maybe others?

Bar length loss was hardly noticeable compared to stock.

So you're case hardening mild steel for dogs? Seems like a lot of work? Why not use an alloyed sheet stock?

That's what I was thinking. Use a case hardened stiff steel right from the start.

Maybe I should get two or three and put one on dads MS210 if it will fit. He uses it for bucking firewood. It's getting ported next week :)

It should also fit an 020T.

Wonder if it fits 020AV and 020T AV?

Last edited:
So you're case hardening mild steel for dogs? Seems like a lot of work? Why not use an alloyed sheet stock?

Your right it was a lot of work, next time I'll be using a tougher material from the start I think, thanks for the info.

You know what would look cool... Dolmar style dogs on a 372? but maybe your a stihl man

Four different templates...

I'm going to call my cousin and see if he'll let me dig through his Dragon hoard of Huskies and template some of them? I know he had a 2100, 181, and some 262 (or 268) saws in there. Hell, maybe even a 288 or 298?

I know I can get my paws on a 298 to template. . . Are they the same body as the 2100?

1)181/281/288 will be the same.

2)2100CD/298XP/2101XP will be the same.

3)266/268XP/272XP will be the same.

4)257/261/262XP will be the same.

I don't have any 257/261/262 spikes to lend. I do have spare 288XP and 272XP inner dawgs I could loan you to template. Don't have any outers to send (other than what's on my 272XP). I have 'rough' but useable 272XP and 288XP clutch covers that I could lend for spike templates too.

I could loan you my 2100CD inner dawg as long as I can get it back within a month or so (or you send me a snazzy new Metals406 spike set for it).:cheers:

Your right it was a lot of work, next time I'll be using a tougher material from the start I think, thanks for the info.

You know what would look cool... Dolmar style dogs on a 372? but maybe your a stihl man

Naw, I'm not single-brand loyal. . . I like chainsaws. Especially ones that run for a long time without needing fixed. ;)

Back