Makitaurbation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut4fun said:
Steve, I forgot to tell you the right scoop in pic looking straight at the mufflers is a scoop off of a Husky 281.

OK

good to know, so could you measure the length, width, and the depth of the opening when you get a chance? It looks just like the husky 51/50 scoop, the screw on version, not the welded on one.

Here's a pic of the 281 screw in type outlet. I will get the measurements later and pm you.
husky281outlet.jpg

I couldn't post the pic, but here is an IPL from a husky 50/51 that shows the same type of scoop thingy! lol But I am curious as to the size of yours. I will measure mine and let ya know.

-Steve

Not to crash your Dolmar Party. By the way good thread but I was a wondering what is the Equal saw to the 361 0r the 357 in the dolmar brand?
A 361 cost $549.oo at the store today so I just kept on walking.

manual said:
Not to crash your Dolmar Party. By the way good thread but I was a wondering what is the Equal saw to the 361 0r the 357 in the dolmar brand?
A 361 cost $549.oo at the store today so I just kept on walking.

Dolmar doesn't currently offer a saw in the 55-60cc range. They have the 5100 that runs with most 55 cc models, and the 6400 that is IMO the torquiest saw in the 60-65cc class.

I don't know this, but is just my opinion, but the 5100 is built on a stout chassis, and I think Dolmar left room for a 57-58cc saw based on that chassis. That, imo would be the perfect saw out of the box.

-Steve

How do you like the 5100 Think it would make a good limbing saw?
Does seem to have more power then the 346?

manual said:
How do you like the 5100 Think it would make a good limbing saw?
Does seem to have more power then the 346?

Love it, it is light enough and has a ton of power for a 50cc saw. I have only ran 346's for short periods, but they seem to have a real peaky powerband. The 5100 is all torque all the way through the powerband. So to me, it seems like it has more power than a 346. I don't know the power numbers for both, but again, I don't have a lot of trigger time behind a 346. I use the 5100 as my small saw for limbing and small takedowns. It has plenty enough grunt. I normally run a 16" bar on it, but it will pull an 18" bar with 3/8 chain good, too.

281-51/55 outlets pics

Here's the 281 compared to the 51/55 outlet. Still got to measure the 281 outlet for you. You just want inner opening measurements or outer too?
husky.jpg

Steve, see if these measurements sound right. Outside screw to screw 2" by 1 1/8". Inside outlet vent area 1 3/8" by 1" by 1/2" tall.

Latest posts

Back