Makitaurbation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey JD,
Thanks for the props...I too like the look of being a "stock" upgrade on the muffler. Especially retaining the silver color of the metal. NICE WORK!
Ron
60352036.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have to post up pics of my newly modded 6401 muffler later tonight. I kept the stock theme also.

-Steve

Stock theme

I agree with the stock looking theme and like the look of painted black better though. But I sure would like to try one of john dolmars race pipes.
7b4f5d9a.jpg
950a7464.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my rendition of the stock scoop. IT isn't done, by had to try it out before grinding the welds down and painting.

I'll get better pics up later. I also threw in a pic of my first and only pipe. It was a modified Hodako 50cc dirtbike pipe that is home on my 365 husky. Works good, almost a full second reduction in 12x12 ash over the modded muffler.

-Steve

attachment.php

Freak
That Dolmar muffler looks good and the pipe looks good also,your 365 runs strong. I have some expansion chamber equations/info for fabracting pipes.I'll send them if you want?
IM000645.jpg

John Dolmar said:
Freak
That Dolmar muffler looks good and the pipe looks good also,your 365 runs strong. I have some expansion chamber equations/info for fabracting pipes.I'll send them if you want?

Nice Pic!

Sure, send them over. I am kinda like a sponge, I try to suck up everything I can to try to learn. I don't really know the first thing about expansion pipes, it was pure luck that it worked so well. Looks like I need to get my own practice chain on it and see how it runs. That 7900 looks like it runs pretty damn good.

-Steve

Steve your pm is full. Here is a modified GB bar heel I machined to handle a bigger gear.Thats an 8 tooth in the picture for comparison
IM000636.jpg

John Dolmar said:
2-7900's
2-6401's
IM000586.jpg

Now thats a fine looking set of saws, nice and clean and looking sharp, you take care of your equipment, good job.......................

John Dolmar said:
Steve your pm is full. Here is a modified GB bar heel I machined to handle a bigger gear.Thats an 8 tooth in the picture for comparison

Thanks for the heads up. Thanks for the read BTW. A lot of good info, and that pipe is close on the head pipe and first cone. Might have to do a little work to it and see how it works out. What size rim were you running on that 7900? 9 or 10?

Thanks
Steve

Steve that was only a 8 pin. The 7900 is a worksaw-pipe but I like messing around with it. I sold my racing(181&088) 2 years ago,now I wish still had them.

John Dolmar said:
Steve that was only a 8 pin. The 7900 is a worksaw-pipe but I like messing around with it. I sold my racing(181&088) 2 years ago,now I wish still had them.

I bet so, i wish i had them.:rockn: very nice!

Back