Makitaurbation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TwoTurboVolvos

TwoTurboVolvos

ArboristSite Operative
Staring at my wifes cans here in Tacoma, WA
Hey JD,
Thanks for the props...I too like the look of being a "stock" upgrade on the muffler. Especially retaining the silver color of the metal. NICE WORK!
Ron
60352036.jpg

Last edited:
Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Stock theme

I agree with the stock looking theme and like the look of painted black better though. But I sure would like to try one of john dolmars race pipes.
7b4f5d9a.jpg
950a7464.jpg

Last edited:
Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
Here is my rendition of the stock scoop. IT isn't done, by had to try it out before grinding the welds down and painting.

I'll get better pics up later. I also threw in a pic of my first and only pipe. It was a modified Hodako 50cc dirtbike pipe that is home on my 365 husky. Works good, almost a full second reduction in 12x12 ash over the modded muffler.

-Steve

attachment.php

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
John Dolmar said:
Freak
That Dolmar muffler looks good and the pipe looks good also,your 365 runs strong. I have some expansion chamber equations/info for fabracting pipes.I'll send them if you want?

Nice Pic!

Sure, send them over. I am kinda like a sponge, I try to suck up everything I can to try to learn. I don't really know the first thing about expansion pipes, it was pure luck that it worked so well. Looks like I need to get my own practice chain on it and see how it runs. That 7900 looks like it runs pretty damn good.

-Steve

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
John Dolmar said:
Steve your pm is full. Here is a modified GB bar heel I machined to handle a bigger gear.Thats an 8 tooth in the picture for comparison

Thanks for the heads up. Thanks for the read BTW. A lot of good info, and that pipe is close on the head pipe and first cone. Might have to do a little work to it and see how it works out. What size rim were you running on that 7900? 9 or 10?

Thanks
Steve

lovetheoutdoors

lovetheoutdoors

Addicted to ArboristSite
John Dolmar said:
Steve that was only a 8 pin. The 7900 is a worksaw-pipe but I like messing around with it. I sold my racing(181&088) 2 years ago,now I wish still had them.

I bet so, i wish i had them.:rockn: very nice!