May Be Joining The Stihl Brigade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brinkwolf

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a guy I work with who I may be buying a saw from. He bought a MS660 with a 25" bar and chain last year and doesn't need it anymore and I'm thinking of buying it from him. It is still like new with an extra chain and he wants half the price he paid for it(heck if nothing else I can sell it and get my money back). So if I can get the money next week before he sell it I will be joining you guys. Will see!!!!!

Yeah I have heard nothing but good things about it, but truth is it is kinda big for what I need. I do still have some big trees down from when Ike came visiting(waiting on my father-in law to give the word) and my shinny 577 could probably handle them. But heck it's a great deal on a great saw so we will see if I can get it in time.

Try it, you'll like it. As you said, you will get your money back out of it, if you don't and probably more.

lol yeah

i traded my 084 for 372 cause it was to big

i got my 084 for darn near free got it running ported it and mounted a 32" bar chain and man that thing was to big

id like to get 660 as my big saw the 660 is much lighter and in reality isnt much heaver then the 460

You can`t go wrong with an 066 or660, they just plain rip for a saw that size, get one woods ported and they become hard to leave at home when you go out cutting. I mostly run 044`s and MS440`s with woods porting and muffler mods but the 066 done the same way is just too much fun not to run it at least once a day.
Pioneerguy600

It's Mine!!!!!! I am now officially a Stihl owner....................Was to good of a deal and couldn't pass it up.

It's Mine!!!!!! I am now officially a Stihl owner....................Was to good of a deal and couldn't pass it up.

Congrats and welcome to the bright side.:D Be careful though, next thing ya know all of your current saws will be replaced with Stihls.:greenchainsaw:

Congrats and welcome to the bright side.:D Be careful though, next thing ya know all of your current saws will be replaced with Stihls.:greenchainsaw:

Might get rid of a couple but will keep the new Stihl and Husky for sure(the Husky still hasn't been put in wood yet).

Well I got the saw and it is a MS650 with 25" bar and chain. Still a good deal? I figure it is and still saved about $500.00 from the price of a new one. I know when this one was bought because it was thru our store. If I remember correct it was end of last year or begining of this year(makes it a late 08 or 09 saw) and it still looks new. So what does all the Stihl heads think? Good deal?

So you got it for around $500.00 sure that is a good deal. Not quite as powerful as a 660 but not enough difference to talk about.

Back