Me Again Asking More Questions....562XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For $100 dollars. I would be in. Either saw el48 or later 55a model are ones you want. Those are both later model saws with interchangeable parts, just keep ignition module and carb side module together. Carbs can be interchanged, side module no, unless you flash saw. Re-flashing a saw is no big deal if your local dealer has the software and connectors, easy process. Plugs into connection on carb and let it do it's thing. Before taking it to get flashed, try a different spark plug, sounds odd, but have seen it solve saw problems several times. I would not consider rebuild without replacing case bearings and seals. Complete lower ends are a nice option. If you purchase it and decide, I made a mistake, contact me and I may take it off your hands.
Thank you, this is the information I was hoping to see. 4:30 can't get here soon enough.

BUY THOSE SAWS! I got 4 of them last year. all were "junkers". I made 3 running saws out of them for about what MAYBE 1 would have costed new. Keep the carbs with the coils they are paired to. You can replace the carbs but the "brain" has to be swapped onto the new carb or else the coil wont recognize it. Ive probably cut 1,000,000 ft of timber with one of them since I built it and its a fine running saw. I gave the other 2 to a couple guys that work for me.

Absolutely grab that box! Especially since evidence points to them being later models.
I use mine as my go-to 20" saw and it never disappoints.
Hope you'll make a pic heavy build thread too :yes:

Well I picked them up. I was a little apprehensive as the parts were so jam packed in the box that it was hard to see what all was there.

And the worthless guy who didnt know anything about it, and didnt even get out of his seat to show it to me, told me after I got there, " the box doesnt go with it". Are you kidding me, it's a $5 tote, if you would've said that before I left, I would've taken a box with me....*******!

Anyway, I drove home with every part loose on the floor of my truck, and stinking of diesel fuel.

Here it is all lying on my floor...
20191217_181731.jpg
Here is the link to the build thread I started.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/562xp-project-who-likes-puzzles.338228/

Back