Minnesota GTG 9/22/12 @ the dodgegeeks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks good, does it have to run before the tear down?
bringing a carb kit just incase we need it

where is this again?

I wasn't given any rules for the start/stop time. I figure that alot of people doing this at gtg's will probably start with a non-runner. I figure why not tear it down , clean it up and then start the clock on the rebuild then maybe stop it after making first cut. I dont know, what do you think? Oh and as far as where is this, ahhh, you just go 200 miles past Duluth and take a right, better roll up your windows because the water is cold.:potstir:

I was just at my mom's house picking up the first load of supplies that she has given me for this weekend... coffee, coffee percolator, the pretzel thingys... was telling my dad about all the stuff we have setup and what were planning on doing. He got very excited about coming up! when I started to talk about bacon for breakfast, he got even more excited! He asked if you could come for breakfast too - I said of course! then he also asked me if anybody that was coming and had 1 of those old 2 Man, 2 cylinder saws, because that was the first kind of saw that he used. Any chance any of you that are planning to come have 1 of those?

I was just at my mom's house picking up the first load of supplies that she has given me for this weekend... coffee, coffee percolator, the pretzel thingys... was telling my dad about all the stuff we have setup and what were planning on doing. He got very excited about coming up! when I started to talk about bacon for breakfast, he got even more excited! He asked if you could come for breakfast too - I said of course! then he also asked me if anybody that was coming and had 1 of those old 2 Man, 2 cylinder saws, because that was the first kind of saw that he used. Any chance any of you that are planning to come have 1 of those?

yea i got 3 or 4 of em but none in running condition as of right now.

I am quoting this post because Sarah just said "hey mojim just liked my post about my dad", I said no I think he liked it because you were talking about coffee.

Currently trying to work out if I will be there early or late if I wind up having to work Saturday. Right now, I'm leaning toward going to work early and leaving Circle Pines by noon, but bacon tells me I should come up in the morning and head to work from there.

I'm still trying to weasel out of working Saturday, but won't know for sure till probably Friday. OT during the week also means I'm not gonna get much saw tinkering done during the week, and whatever starts and runs on Friday goes in the truck, and the rest stays home.

Andy or JD - I've got a 36" square ground chain I might need to get some sharpening how-to on. I've been watching the GTG race chain thread and will at least give it a try before I regrind it to round.

Sorry guyy/gals thought i would be there early afternoon friday but now it looks like it will be around 4:00PM area just got off the phone with a guy I have to meet on the way there to pick up a mac 890, mall 2mg, and homelite 7-29 so that's gonna put me a little bit behind don't worry i'll keep the pies safe:laugh:.

This sucks...:mad:

But The Grantsburg fair is on my radar already...

So many GTG's...
So little time...
:msp_unsure:

Back