Minnesota GTG 9/22/12 @ the dodgegeeks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nstueve

nstueve

Makita Freak!
sound good

1.) I think we need to start and stop at the same place... I suggest we start with a fully stock saw, bar mounted and all... Then break it down, install motor, and reasseble saw with bar mounted. Clock stops when the saw starts and idles for more than 10 seconds. FAIR???

2.) Only 1 person doing work on the saw at a time. Grande Dog is more or less after the actual time it takes one person with hand tools to change the motor and start the saw. Baileys can then advertise the adverage rebuild time then.

3.) Grande Dog suggested taking the saw apart cleaning and replacing parts like fuel lines before hand so that you don't have a dirty greasy/slippery carcass. And some people might not be replacing consumables like fuel lines.

I think IA and MN are the first two GTG's to do this rebuild race so we can make the rules...

andydodgegeek

andydodgegeek

The stool maker
The weather channel is now saying 50 for a hi and 34 for a lo with a chance of scattered showers for sat. I hope theres no rain but that cool weather sounds perfect. We might just have to have a little fire to warm up by.

Beefie

Beefie

Addicted to ArboristSite
I hope everyone that attedends has a good time. I was so looking forward to going , but do to conflicting days I will have to sit this one out. I hope lots of pics are takin, with lots of bacon.

Beefie

GrizzlyAdams86
I'll be coming straight from work on friday afternoon at 2 pm. Might have to visit wetgunpowder on the way up. And I will be bringing a quart of maple syurp with, I'm picking that up tomorrow. If anyone is intersested I've got a wild thing, pioneer p-25 and 2 homlite 150's I'd like to get rid of. The wild thing runs and cuts, and comes with a carring case. P-25 is all there, has spark and decent compression, comes with a 18" roller nose bar, for parts or fix. Homlite 150's turn over and that's as far as I got with them, parts/fix/door stops, etc. If interested I can post pics or pm me.

Latest posts