Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With that warm weather we have had they won't lay me off at work.I really want to help out again after the ups and downs I have gone through in the last 3 years.I am on top again and ready to lend a hand for a great charity.If I can't make it I will lend out a couple ported saws if you need any.

Talking with a dealer I use to visit regularly before he closed the door this spring and he knows of a local guy in red wing that has MS and it has gotten really severe as of late. Husqy lover and I are planning on getting a load of split wood to him right after Christmas. He has an owb and his 14 yo son helps him feed the boiler. Is there anyone interested in helping get him some more wood in January? I was thinking of trying to do a gtg on the 9th of January. I have talked with grizzly Adams 86 about doing something as he seems to know some areas to get some firewood. Please let me know if we can make this happen for the guy.

Started loading the trailer today with split wood. Going to clean up some more wood tomorrow and stack it in the trailer and should have it full of split wood stacked in the dump trailer for delivery on Saturday. The owner of the dealer ship is going to meet us Saturday to take us over to the guys home to deliver the load of split wood. Hopefully we can get a gtg planned for a Saturday after the first to get him a second or even third load of wood. If anyone can help please let me know. Or if you have some wood to spare let me know.

May not be the right place to ask, but..... Do any of you guys in western Wisconsin have any white pine you are looking to get rid of? I'm looking for logs for carving, knots are fine, I don't need veneer quality lumber. 14-18" diameters would be awesome. I'm in Chippewa falls.

Started loading the trailer today with split wood. Going to clean up some more wood tomorrow and stack it in the trailer and should have it full of split wood stacked in the dump trailer for delivery on Saturday. The owner of the dealer ship is going to meet us Saturday to take us over to the guys home to deliver the load of split wood. Hopefully we can get a gtg planned for a Saturday after the first to get him a second or even third load of wood. If anyone can help please let me know. Or if you have some wood to spare let me know.

Are you still thinking that weekend of the 9th?

Sorry Dave didn't mean to sound like a Scrooge. It looks fun and wonder how a ported chainsaw would do for a speed record. If we ever get solid ice it would be fun to see how many looks a guy would get from people ice fishing

Nope your cool! I don't know if I could ever do that. Lol you would need a different saw just for that, instead of woods porting, you would need your saw to be ice ported.....

Back