Mislead Homeowner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a lot of customers come in over the years with no gas in the tank or bad gas.Some pulled the rope so much they broke it or the spring.Fixed the rope problem put in freash gas,presto saw ran.alot have come in saying the saw runs great but won't cut.Chain on backwards,showed them the problem reinstalled chain saw ok.One guy came told me the chain on his homelite was on properly when it was backwords wouldn't listen,I didn't have time right away to turn it for him.Told him to stop on his way home telling him mabe those homelites ran backwards to other saws.He excepted this,I turned the chain, about 2 hours later he picked up the saw I told him to try it before he left,he said that was the best sharpening job he ever had.I got credit for sharpening a brand new chain,told him I was flattered no charge.He was a repeat customer for years he still dosen't know that chain was on backwards.Sometimes people are really funny.

He was a repeat customer for years he still dosen't know that chain was on backwards.Sometimes people are really funny.

I bet he did know...at least eventually. Then he knew he had been a danm fool, but also knew you allowed him to save face, and he respected that. He got to be "right," and you got a good customer.

I would say pretty nicely done.

I bet he did know...at least eventually. Then he knew he had been a danm fool, but also knew you allowed him to save face, and he respected that. He got to be "right," and you got a good customer.

I would say pretty nicely done.

+1 respect and humility will get you a long way when dealing with people.

Welcome to my miserable world... 7 like that today.. all rotten gas, glued carbs, busted hoses, soild filters... Now I stink of old gas and just want a beer or 4 to wash it all away..

Andy.

I feel you pain brother. Cept. I'm filled with snowthrowers. 75% need complete carb. rebuilds, new fuel lines, clamps and valves etc. Ya just can't get that old azz gas smell off. It almost smells like burnt hair to me. Ick.

I'd give a few beers for a nice line of saws. Cuz they don't have DRIVE BELTS. I swear. Idiots design these things.

Have been burning through the woodcutters working on their firewood piles this fall. Chaniging a lot of sprockets, bars and chains. Had one 029 so bad that the chain had worn a groove in the crank. About .004" Lil grease and a new bearing, she'll run fer years.

According to Red no matter what it is: feature set, longevity, durability, etc Echo wins hands down. As long as we take him with a grain a salt it may be refreshing learning a bit about the echo product line. Since I've been around here there has never been a real big echo advocate.

Bob Wright is the resident Echo guru. :cheers:

Yeah I guess I do remember him promoting echos, but I don't see him post much anymore unless he spends most of his time in other AS forums.

It's just a Husky 55 Rancher....what's the big deal?

Those are just glorified Poulans anyways...throw it away and buy another.
Ha ha, I agree. (Then I looked at your list of saws, looked down at my keyboard, and shook my head,........my condolences brother.)

long ago

Ilearned long ago that a very sharp chain(noodles in the cross cut) ment that you had to clean your air filter less often. but you still have to clean it , once a day.

where do you get a 10 pin?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks about like a MS260 after about 1 hour, as apposed to several years - but the rule is still the same.....

Looks about like a MS260 after about 1 hour, as apposed to several years - but the rule is still the same.....

Troll, you are an idiot. Yes, you are. Getting tired of your stupid bichhin about stihls. I know the 026 dont have the best filtration, but you have nothing but mouth-farting to say about anything but what you have. Grow up. Offer some good information for once. Jesus.

Troll, you are an idiot. Yes, you are. Getting tired of your stupid bichhin about stihls. I know the 026 dont have the best filtration, but you have nothing but mouth-farting to say about anything but what you have. Grow up. Offer some good information for once. Jesus.

LOL .........Troll only buys the best saws in his mind.......Be careful or you'll get him complaining about handle bar angle.....:dizzy: :dizzy:

LOL .........Troll only buys the best saws in his mind.......Be careful or you'll get him complaining about handle bar angle.....:dizzy: :dizzy:

Or how an outboard clutch stinks for limbing because of 'gyro' effect.

:dizzy: :dizzy:

Back