Missing a few boys tonite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobbyb13 said:
I really don't want to loose any of you guys, or anyone else for that matter. I hope you are all safe this morning, and may god bless and watch over you.
Bob

Ditto. Be safe out there.

04ultra said:
Gas71 and Fishhuntcutwood

Hope the guys are ok.......

They are most likely out helping friends and neighbors clearing streets and such.:angel:

It was pretty bad. Here's a just few items from Komo4

http://www.komotv.com/news/4921736.html

This is the highest wind I've ever seen here. Glad I cut down my 140' Doug firs now. There are trees everywhere. We got an unreal amount of rain, then wind. Lightning is forcast for today.

4:55 p.m.: All lanes of northbound I-5 at Mercer Street closed due to standing water on the freeway

5:15 p.m.: More standing water reported on I-5 north near the Convention Center and near Spokane Street.

6:25 p.m.: 500 block of 30th Ave. E, Seattle: A woman was critically injured after she got trapped in a basement of her Capitol Hill home as water began to flood into the room and the door got jammed shut. Neighbors heard her scream and called 911. The water flooded to the ceiling and firefighters were not able to get access. They had to cut a hole in the floor above to pull her out, but she was under water for an estimated 8 minutes. Medics were performing CPR on her as they rushed her to Harborview.

7:28 p.m. : Police in Pierce County report two weather-related fatal wrecks. A man tried to avoid a falling tree, rammed into another and died from injuries. In the second incident, a tree fell onto a pickup with two occupants, killing one and throwing the other out of the car. That person was airlifted to the hospital.

8:28 p.m.: DOT closes Hood Canal Bridge due to high winds.

11:20 p.m. Tacoma reports gust of 69 mph. Everett to 66, Alki to 67, Seattle to 54, to name a few.

12:10 a.m.: As of 8pm Thursday, all AMTRAK passenger train service between Seattle and Portland has been suspended for 48 hours, due to a mudslide at Titlow (just south of Tacoma) and numerous fallen trees along the route. Amtrak's Sounder route and routes north of Seattle will continue. Freight routes are also still running. Amtrak train service between Seattle and Portland will resume on Dec.16th at 8pm.

12:45 a.m.: DOT closes Tacoma Narrows Bridge for first time in its history due to high winds. Truck blown over on midspan.

1:00 a.m.: Sea-Tac reports gust of 69 mph. Sets record for highest gust ever recorded at airport, topping 64 mph gust from Inauguration Day Storm on Jan. 20, 1993

over in the UK i can't imagine what it is like to have weather as bad as that, but i wish you all the best and come through it ok,, thoughts are with you.

mav

Bed at 11.30pm. Heard at least 5 BIG trees come down in the area. Probably got 2 hours "sleep".

6am this morning - got a call for a neighbor - tree down in his driveway and he wants to borrow a saw so he can get to work... HUH????? All he's going to do is drive to the next tree about 100 feet way... Idiots...

I told him I don't lend saws (this guy doesn't know which end of the saw to hold any how) and I'd cut it off his driveway when it got light...

1 million without power, still windy out here.

I know what I'm doing today...

Hey gas - I hear you're stuck - Deception Pass bridge is out and the entire island is without power... Plenty of money to be made today, and tomorow and the next day.. and

Unless of course the trees are down on your own house!

I'm here... only cause I'm at work and on generator power. I have a generator at home but usually don't plug the 'puter into it.

I was out in the crap last night with saws helpin' clear roads and stuff. LOTS of trees down. So I just threw my saws in my truck and started cuttin'. Basically volunteered myself. I was out until 2am.

Here on Whidbey Island we got pounded pretty good. I'm sure Jeff (fishhuntcutwood) got pounded on too.

Tryin' to get ahold of my folks down in Orting, and no one answers... so I'll keep tryin'. Not sure if they got hit as bad as we did up here. Sounds like Enumclaw got hit pretty hard Robert... but they always do... wind is naturally funnelled through that valley.

Glad to hear all you Washingtonians are doin' okay so far... and thanks for the words of concern from you guys!

Gary

Whatever's hitting up there must keep rolling on down here. I'm at 8500 ft., the wind's been over 60 kts. for most of the past four or five days. First couple days, wind chill was lethal, now it's Chinook and at least warmer. 90 ft. blue spruce down across the road a few hundred yards away, between us and town. Goin' out with the saw in about fifteen minutes. Got mucho beetle kill here, too, but even worse in some areas [like mine] is spruce budworm.

But, it sounds as if it's lots worse up there in the NW. Here we are on pv so don't lose electricity at our cabin. Until the sun goes supernova or something. Hope you folks all get along ok.

Just got word that there will prolly be no power on the Island for about 3 days. Deception Pass Bridge was just reopened to light trucks and cars. No 18-wheelers, box vans, or RV's and such can cross UFN.

Gary

It's getting light -I'm off to gas up all the saws, pack the generator and get out into it.. Such fun.. Hopefully none of the homeowners will want to "help"

GASoline71 said:
Here on Whidbey Island we got pounded pretty good. I'm sure Jeff (fishhuntcutwood) got pounded on too.

I am really worried for Jeff, hope he is safe, and able to post something here soon......:(

.....maybe he is just too busy cutting / clearing wood......:)

I just tried Jeff on his phone and got his voice mail... If he calls me back I'll let you guys know.

I've already had friends call me and want to borrow my saws... I told them I don't loan them out... However I will be happy to show up later and help them out.

Gary

Lakeside53 said:
It's getting light -I'm off to gas up all the saws, pack the generator and get out into it.. Such fun.. Hopefully none of the homeowners will want to "help"

Good luck, Andy....:)

GASoline71 said:
I just tried Jeff on his phone and got his voice mail... If he calls me back I'll let you guys know.

I've already had friends call me and want to borrow my saws... I told them I don't loan them out... However I will be happy to show up later and help them out.

Gary

Thats the right attitude, on all accounts.....:clap: :clap:

stormy christmas

howdy all. sounds bad in pacific northwest here in central oregon cascades we have three days 60 plus winds at nite. woke to #%$^@%^snow. hope nobody needs us loggers . to busy cleaning up my own mess of snow and limbs. well got too goe put the damed tire chains on. so be safe out there in the pacific northwest.cut safe and have a wonderful day:cheers:

Eastern Washington felt the hit too..........

I live over in Spokane and we got some high winds overnight. A dozen or so houses had trees come down on them. Plenty of branch debris all over town. I looked outside this morning and saw the following:

Knocked down carports, ripped down Christmas Lights, tarps blowing down the streets, metal roofing torn off garages, fences laying over, etc.

The wind storm is the top story with the local news channels right now. This morning 99mph winds were recorded near Yakima! Many places outside of Spokane are out of power, including WSU (Pullman). We will be cleaning up for the next couple of days. I called my family back on the westside of Washington. They live on the Kitsap Peninsula and reported that many trees are down over main roadways and no power. The substation across the road from them "blew-up" yesterday around 4:00pm from a downed tree. Stay safe all you NorthWesterners!!! Keep them saws on standby.

Back