Missing a few boys tonite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GASoline71 said:
Also... I bet that Alder sounded like a cannon shot Andy. Those things make a hell of a noise when they explode like that!

Gary

Yep -gets your attention real quick -you hear the boom, and then think - hmmm ,where will it fall? crashing branches-whoomph-thud. Good ...it didn't hit the house... back to "sleep".

Most of my neigbors went into their basements for the night. I didn't think of that!:dizzy:

Just got off the phone with Jeff (fishhuntcutwood). He was out of town for all of this and just got home this morning. He's A-OK and will be checkin' in here real soon.

Andy... we had a lot of burglaries up here too with the power outage. Somethin' how a crisis, or disaster brings out the dirt-bags.:censored:

Gary

Hi Lake,

thanks for the update. Hope the damage is not too big. This storm on the westcoast even hit the news in Belgium today. Was thinking of you, see you're in good shape and really kicking *ss. Good job, fella.
Wish really I could help you out with the cleanup, or even sharpen some chains for ya, too bad.
Nice pics.:cheers:
Roland

belgian said:
Hi Lake,

thanks for the update. Hope the damage is not too big. This storm on the westcoast even hit the news in Belgium today. Was thinking of you, see you're in good shape and really kicking *ss. Good job, fella.
Wish really I could help you out with the cleanup, or even sharpen some chains for ya, too bad.
Nice pics.:cheers:
Roland

The chains are in the mail - Please pay the postage.. I can't get stamps :)

GASoline71 said:
Just got off the phone with Jeff (fishhuntcutwood). He was out of town for all of this and just got home this morning. He's A-OK and will be checkin' in here real soon.

Andy... we had a lot of burglaries up here too with the power outage. Somethin' how a crisis, or disaster brings out the dirt-bags.:censored:

Gary

Jeff missed it ALL???? There's some irony here...:cheers:

Wow Lake,
I thought folks in the PNW would have been at least somewhat prepared for power outages.

rb_in_va said:
Wow Lake,
I thought folks in the PNW would have been at least somewhat prepared for power outages.

It is unbelievable how many people in this state are not prepared for just a simple power outage, little alone a full blown storm like this one.

I did get a lot of calls from "friends" that wanted firewood, fuel, borrow saws, borrow my generator, etc., etc...:dizzy: I did help out the people I consider my good friends... to an extent.

Gary

How much rain did you guys get on the westside?

I was watching the news channel recently and saw parts of Seattle underwater! What were the rain totals? Wow, you guys must have really had it bad, not only wind.......but rain too! My family and friends live on that side and explained that many culverts and drains were plugged up and not functioning correcting. I couldn't believe what happened to that lady who drowned in her basement!! Sounds like the ground was saturated with water pretty bad before the winds came.

The ground over here has been saturated for weeks... no wait... months. We got quite a bit of rain in a short amount of time the other day. Couldn't believe it either when I heard the news that gal drowned in her basement. That was just a freaky deal, when the water roared down a hillside and smashed in through her home.

A lot of storm drains were blocked due to leaves and such in them. Weather has done a 180 for the better right now... just a little on the cold side.

Gary

I'm here! Yeah, I was at a conference in Alabama through all of this! I was flying home all day yesterday and got home late in the evening. I've got power, but alot of the area is down. Not much clean up left here. All the big stuff has been taken care of but the public service guys. I'm sure I've got some buddies that'll need some saw work though.

Thanks guys, I'm good to go! :cheers:

fishhuntcutwood said:
I'm here! Yeah, I was at a conference in Alabama through all of this! I was flying home all day yesterday and got home late in the evening. I've got power, but alot of the area is down. Not much clean up left here. All the big stuff has been taken care of but the public service guys. I'm sure I've got some buddies that'll need some saw work though.

Jeff
Now that really gets a guy mad...You were not even there...And we all worried about you...:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Glad that everybody is safe.. :cheers:

fishhuntcutwood said:

Good to "see" you - greetings from the Witch and me....:greenchainsaw:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

SawTroll said:
Good to "see" you - greetings from the Witch and me....:greenchainsaw:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

sawinredneck said:
You had us all a bit worried, good to hear from you Jeff:cheers:

Well I'm glad to be "seen" and "heard from." No kidding, it's nice to know I've got good friends here.

Niko, assure the witch I'm fine, with electricity and a stoked stove!

fishhuntcutwood said:
Niko, assure the witch I'm fine, with electricity and a stoked stove!
That's really really good to hear - I just told her, and she told me to say hello......:biggrinbounce2: ;)

Back