Missing a few boys tonite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urbicide

Urbicide

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Rotax Robert said:
Had a buddy get his new motorhome sawed in half by a 48" dbh cedar. poor parking on his part while trying to use his generator for the house, generator still works.

Glad to hear all my northwest buddies came through also. And for the record I used 046kd, 357greffardized and my trusty 088kd to try and cleanup after mother nature.

Rotax Robert

Glad to hear that y'all are OK. Robert, that 48" cedar sounds like a job for THE PREDATOR!:chainsaw:

vegaome

vegaome

ArboristSite Operative
Howdy Folks,

I'm glad you made it through, I was thinking about you all and have been following the thread. A good bit of damage, I hope you get your utilities fully restored in short order. Take care

v/r

Mike

disandat

disandat

ArboristSite Operative
It's all part of the adventure of living in the Pacific Northwest. I only had one tree blow down. Sure wish I had some more. I even wish my neighbors had some more down. Give me a reason to postpone my day job. But the firemen had it all under control up here.

We did have a few trees down across the road up here but at that time my saw was still in the mail. Now that I have it, all the work is done. And besides, I really don't get into cutting on trees that are tangled in electric cable. I leave that for the big boys.:clap: :chainsaw:

Just Mow

Just Mow

Don't touch my Willie !!!
chowdozer said:
Was that YOUR fence??? This guy has always had such a meticulous yard. I just don't want to see him get gouged on tree removal. I got a soft spot for the seniors, seeing how I'm going to be there one day too.:cheers: Might be able to justify a 441 for this too. :D
If I didn't live so far away, I would load up and come give you a hand. Be careful while you are performing your good deed.:cheers:

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Andy was just pulling your chain - he isn't anywere near there, as far as I know.........

,.....and he isn't an "old Gent" - just about midway between me and the Witch in age.....:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Last edited:
Rotax Robert

Rotax Robert

Addicted to ArboristSite
8:45 pm Just got in from clearing a few trees off of a private drive, having a sandwich and back out we go. Most around me have power except for a few who live well of the beaten path. Pretty much everyone who has power has loaned out thier generator to those who have not got one. A small town comming together. Got to go and make a few more chips.

Rotax Robert

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
The little root ball I promised pics of..

150 foot doug fir with a second 120 foot fir in the same root ball. This knocked over another 100 foot cedar and snapped off another 150 foot Doug fir 20 feet off the ground...

I'll be "replanting" the root ball Tuesday... Need to borrow a video camera...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Lakeside53

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Finally got to look at my own property...

After two days of helping everyone else... got a closer look at my mess...

6 like this - over 100 foot...

attachment.php

Real fun cleanup...

attachment.php

attachment.php

10 inch doug fir used as a splitting wedge...

attachment.php

14 inch alder...
attachment.php

Last edited:

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
still out of power on my side. no property damage. heard that the soonest the power will be back up is tues. things aint looking so good. generator is burning 12+ gallons of fuel a day. 18hp Onan in the Lincoln ranger 9 welder is hungry! 1-3 gallons a day for the saws.. price of this outage is killing me and everybody around.

GASoline71

GASoline71

Mr. Nice Guy
Today is my day-off from my "real" job. So the saws are gassed up, sharpened up, and in the back of the truck... ready to saddle up. I got my power back yesterday... or the day before... hell the time has been flyin' by on all the cleanup jobs.

My parents got their power back last night. He had his generator in his 38 foot diesel motorhome goin'. It is somethin' crazy like 7,500 watts, and he had 100 gallons of diesel fuel in the motorhome. He was runnin' 3 homes off of just his generator. Like Rotax said... we're all helpin' where we can.

I even went out to my ex-wife's place with 10 gallons of gas for her generator.:)

Well I'm out the door... got 4 Big Doug Firs (over 30" - 40" dbh) to get out today.

STAY SAFE YOU GUYS!!!

Gary

STIHL-KID

STIHL-KID

ArboristSite Operative
I just saw on the news some places that are still cleaning up from the wind storm. Some of the places mentioned were Woodinville and Duvall. I guess the Army National Guard got involved with providing generators to some folks. Sadly about 4 carbon monoxide deaths have occured. People are still bringing generators and barbeque grills into the house, yikes!