Missing a few boys tonite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GASoline71 said:
Well I'm out the door... got 4 Big Doug Firs (over 30" - 40" dbh) to get out today.

STAY SAFE YOU GUYS!!!

Gary

Good luck!:rockn:

Have you found an excuse for a larger saw????
:D :D

I'll think of you "fishing"... while I'm cutting..:cry: :cry: Going to snip of that big rootball today.. after I haul in another 40 gallons of gas.

Funny story from last friday - A guy comes up to me and says -"lost a bar nut, can I buy one from you?" "Sure, $20" (with a poker face) - he reaches for his wallet!! lololol I gave it to him...

fishhuntcutwood said:
I'm glad we didn't get hammered where I live, but I would have liked to have some sort of clean-up. But I guess not....:mad: So I'll be going fishing tomorrow instead.

:cry: :cry: Poor Jeff - I feel really sorry for you......;)

fishhuntcutwood said:
Well yeah, fishing after I get some flies tied, and some work done on this fly rod....all in front of my stove.

Mmmm....it's warm in here!:laugh:

Sure, go ahead - rub it in - you'll get yours... ;) I'm going to have witich huff and puff and blow you house down.:biggrinbounce2:

fishhuntcutwood said:
Well yeah, fishing after I get some flies tied, and some work done on this fly rod....all in front of my stove.

Mmmm....it's warm in here!:laugh:

Sure, go ahead - rub it in - you'll get yours... ;) I'm going to have witch huff and puff and blow your house down.:biggrinbounce2:

SawTroll said:
Good luck!:rockn:

Have you found an excuse for a larger saw????
:D :D

Niko... you'd think I would... but I still haven't done it yet.:bang:

The Lakerized MS361 is holdin' up really well in all this big wood. I was actually thinkin' about boltin' on the 28" bar for awhile... but never did it.

I think I see a 440 or a 460 in my near future real soon.:rock:

I got home last night around 8pm, and my oldest daughter had made tacos for her and her sis... so I got to have some warmed up tacos for a late dinner. God bless those girls of mine...:heart:

Gary

GASoline71 said:
Niko... you'd think I would... but I still haven't done it yet.:bang:

The Lakerized MS361 is holdin' up really well in all this big wood. I was actually thinkin' about boltin' on the 28" bar for awhile... but never did it.

I think I see a 440 or a 460 in my near future real soon.:rock:

How about a Husky 372, or a 441, or a Dolmar 7900????

Are you sure that you really want one of them old Stihl models???

:greenchainsaw: :popcorn: :givebeer:

GASoline71 said:
Yup...:biggrinbounce2:

You tryin' to get me laughed out of the woods???:laugh:

Gary

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I must have seen hundreds of news clips of this mess - every one had a Stihl!!

I was at Home Depot today - they had a stack of about 150 boxed WILDTHINGS - and they were sellng like candy... I asked two guys in the check out line (spent half the damn day in lines!) if they had any two stroke mix - all I got was puzzled looks.. Looks like I saved at least two wild thangs from an early death...

GASoline71 said:
I got home last night around 8pm, and my oldest daughter had made tacos for her and her sis... so I got to have some warmed up tacos for a late dinner. God bless those girls of mine...:heart:

Gary

Sounds like a good end to a long day.... Got a couple of those critters at my homestead as well and every once in awhile my eldest makes dad a little late sup after a long day. Priceless. Take care out there making all them chips.

Really Good to see you back Ben

NWCS said:
my power is now back on, laundry in and waiting on that hot shower!

I was checking on you,,,, sent you an email PM but have not heard back glad you guys are OK and not havin to stay on Generators.....

Last edited:
Hey Lake... the news said that Woodinville has about had it with no power, and I think a lot of residents were gathering with torches and pitchforks!

Any word for you guys???:dizzy:

Gary

Lakeside53 said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I must have seen hundreds of news clips of this mess - every one had a Stihl!!

I was at Home Depot today - they had a stack of about 150 boxed WILDTHINGS - and they were sellng like candy... I asked two guys in the check out line (spent half the damn day in lines!) if they had any two stroke mix - all I got was puzzled looks.. Looks like I saved at least two wild thangs from an early death...
BWAHhahahhaahaha, they thought you were askin' about their 'lotion du showerstall', hm, no people with odd looks in their eyes followin you around then you obviously didn't ask if they had chaps :D

GAH! kk quittin' while I'm behind, GAH! that didn't sound great either :bang:

Kk, I go now, bye, but don't do a WildThingy unless you have bar-lube, and, um chaps, and are prepared to do at least two strokes.

Just frikken shoot me now, stupid bottomless cider jug, wah.

GASoline71 said:
Hey Lake... the news said that Woodinville has about had it with no power, and I think a lot of residents were gathering with torches and pitchforks!

Any word for you guys???:dizzy:

Gary

Whiners... they think they are owned power! ha.. What if we had REAL emergency... Gheeze... Maybe this will be a reality check, but I doubt it.

They blocked off the road on Sunday, and haven't done anything since... Our community is the VERY LAST on the spur line.. Maybe Xmas, maybe... I went out today to get MORE gas... (my turn for the gas run) - has to drive under dozens of trees and hanging lines - barely got though in places... 5 days after the event.

Last edited:
Back