Missing a few boys tonite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CaseyForrest said:
Good to hear you all are OK.

While I wouldnt wish the destruction, or the deaths that came from this storm, I wish I had the chance to use the saws more!!!

...a tad of envy here also - just a tad.....;) :angel:

Just wait until tomorrow night - I'll have a photo for you all... Just looked at a neighbors "tree".. I need to cut off the tree(s) and "lay" the root ball down... I've done a lot of these, but this one will be my biggest and baddest. It's going to be interesting... Might have to round up a video camera...

But the best news of all - a few thousand bd feet of of VG fir to mill (much later...) !!!

fishhuntcutwood said:
I'm here! Yeah, I was at a conference in Alabama through all of this! I was flying home all day yesterday and got home late in the evening. I've got power, but alot of the area is down. Not much clean up left here. All the big stuff has been taken care of but the public service guys. I'm sure I've got some buddies that'll need some saw work though.

Thanks guys, I'm good to go! :cheers:

The utilities haven't even started some of the roads over here yet. Even the main road between Woodinville and Duvall is still blocked by and tangle of trees, power poles and wires.

After fixing a bunch of the neighbors generators today, getting the chain grinder and lights rigged, my generator started to surge, run badly and then died.. :censored: :censored::censored:

Throttle butterfly was jambed in open position, but it was hardly able to idle. Ripped the top of the carb - big block of ice... carb icing... Melted it out, made a big air deflector from duct tape and a Starbucks coffee bin, and the problem is solved... You'd think a 16hp Vanguard motor would have an air flap for this problem.. no.... they just dump cold air from the fan directly into the air cleaner. No longer...

Been waiting to post......

Glad yall survived looked nasty.......

Reminds me of o4,sept was like 95 in the daytime.

Atleast yall can burn wood for heat....

Sucks workin all day and comin home to no A/c

Once again glad yall are safe.

:clap:

Oh n welcome back FHC you had us worried.......
Try not to leave us hangin again........:angry:

Glad to see you all are hacking your way through this ok. Welcome back Jeff.

It is amazing to see how many are unprepared for storms such as this, especially those living in the boonies. A little water, food and backup heat go a long way. The CO poisoning is the biggest hazard in the aftermath of storms like these. People putting generators in poorly ventilated areas(even in the house), BBQing in the house, space heaters, etc.. In '98 we had a huge ice storm here and largest death toll was due to CO because of improper use of equipment, really sad.

Take care out there gents. Don't be afraid to take a break once in awhile, pace yourselves 'cuz the clean up is going to go on for quite awhile. In a way I miss my storm chasing days.:greenchainsaw:

l2edneck said:
Glad yall survived looked nasty.......

Reminds me of o4,sept was like 95 in the daytime.

Atleast yall can burn wood for heat....

Sucks workin all day and comin home to no A/c

Once again glad yall are safe.
:

I was in Clearwater that summer/fall as well. Seems like we would get cleaned up from one storm just in time to have another one kick our butt. I lived near Belcher & Nursery, and the morning after one of the storms it looked like world war three out there. And no sound except generators and chainsaws...

al thel boys counted for

glad jeff was just on vacation:hmm3grin2orange: these storms are why my neighbors an friends call me " FEAR AND BOOM". i have a under ground propane tank with of lots of gas hooked to my hardwired stand by geny. push one button flip a few breakers and sit back and watch the fun:laugh: and yes i sleep with trusty stihl not that far my bed in case mother nature wants to be beach:biggrinbounce2: stay safe boys do not want to see you get hurt. the fun part is clean up and watch all the idiots that go to wally world and buy a cheap saw to try to impress the loggers in the area with their newly bought cuss and swear saw :D

timberrat said:
...the fun part is clean up and watch all the idiots that go to wally world and buy a cheap saw to try to impress the loggers in the area with their newly bought cuss and swear saw :D

ROFLOL :hmm3grin2orange:

I heard one just last night while I was cutting one of my trees off the neighbors fence. By the sound of it, he was having a real hard time. Love my Stihl.

chainsaw sales

Speaking of people buying saws, I wonder how much chainsaw sales have increased since the storm? More specifically, quality brand saws around the Northwest. I'm sure Lake could easily answer this one...........

the fun has yet begin

let us play the which saw is better game! the neighbors are fightin with the chainsaws again bad neighboors:hmm3grin2orange: us loggers should see how many saw we can score for free from the wantabe loggers after all the fun. mighty be some good freebies after storms.:yoyo:plus the saw shops will be having a $$$$$$$$ christmas

:) Glad to see you are O.K. too!! May God bless and keep you always, and may all your wishes all come true. May you always do for others and let others do for you.

kevinj

This is just down the road from me. An older gent owns the place. I think I'm going to stop tomorrow and ask him if he needs some help and if so I'll volunteer. All the better if he needs the firewood 'cause I don't.

STIHL-KID said:
Speaking of people buying saws, I wonder how much chainsaw sales have increased since the storm? More specifically, quality brand saws around the Northwest. I'm sure Lake could easily answer this one...........

I think all brands are just about sold out... TV (if you have power to watch it) has been a live ad for Stihl. Every shot I''ve seen has a Stihl of some type in it!

chowdozer said:
This is just down the road from me. An older gent owns the place. I think I'm going to stop tomorrow and ask him if he needs some help and if so I'll volunteer. All the better if he needs the firewood 'cause I don't.

attachment.php
Hey Chowdozer, you been peaking over my fence? :hmm3grin2orange:

Lakeside53 said:
Hey Chowdozer, you been peaking over my fence? :hmm3grin2orange:

Was that YOUR fence??? This guy has always had such a meticulous yard. I just don't want to see him get gouged on tree removal. I got a soft spot for the seniors, seeing how I'm going to be there one day too.:cheers: Might be able to justify a 441 for this too. :D

Just got power/phone back. We here did not get hit hard as most but carry the bruises from thier beating. No way to call either landline or cell to continue updates. Mostly have been just clearing roads and driveways. Had a buddy get his new motorhome sawed in half by a 48" dbh cedar. poor parking on his part while trying to use his generator for the house, generator still works.

We are far from getting over the a$$whipping we just took, but we got a damn good start on it. Like allways, everybody hung together and helped eachother out...(gas,saws,fuel,propane,tractors and lots of food from the fine ladies in this town that were not packin a saw)

Glad to hear all my northwest buddies came through also. And for the record I used 046kd, 357greffardized and my trusty 088kd to try and cleanup after mother nature.

Rotax Robert

fishhuntcutwood said:
Well I'm glad to be "seen" and "heard from." No kidding, it's nice to know I've got good friends here.

Niko, assure the witch I'm fine, with electricity and a stoked stove!

Awwww it is good to be associated with all these SAW FREAKS Huh???:cheers: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Back