modded 372 or stock 066 with 32-36" bar for hardwoods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodsjunkie said:
7.3 HP is a lot from a saw that made 4 hp stock, any bottom end problems?
It actually makes 5.4 bhp stock. This is a tough little saw, I have never seen a crank failure due to mods.(My mods)

From what I have seen a modded 372 against a stock 066 with opened muffler is close up to 10 or 11 inch wood after that the 066 takes over.

Now put a 9 pin rim on the 066 and with the extra chain speed it beats the 372 in smaller wood also.

I am sure it would be very close with the 660 and it's pin hole muffler against a strong modded 372.

timberwolf said:
From what I have seen a modded 372 against a stock 066 with opened muffler is close up to 10 or 11 inch wood after that the 066 takes over.

Now put a 9 pin rim on the 066 and with the extra chain speed it beats the 372 in smaller wood also.

I am sure it would be very close with the 660 and it's pin hole muffler against a strong modded 372.
You have not seen the right 372. Keep an open mind, (and a stop-watch).

Where should the open mind and stopwatch be kept? In fantasy land, where all your saws are?

You still have time to send a saw out east before Playinwood's GTG on March 18th to attempt to prove that you can actually build a fast saw. Do you need a shipping address?

rmihalek said:
Where should the open mind and stopwatch be kept? In fantasy land, where all your saws are?

Just like always.....all BS and No saw....No video of a saw....NO nothing!....Good call Bob....fantasy land chainsawing.....Hahahahaha!

Oh, no, another Simonizer beating coming up. Can't we all just get along-quoted to Rodney King.

rmihalek said:

You still have time to send a saw out east before Playinwood's GTG on March 18th to attempt to prove that you can actually build a fast saw. Do you need a shipping address?
There is a Simonized 385XP in Ohio. He is having a GTG soon.

woodsjunkie said:
In big wood (32-36 dia.)my $'s on the 066 and I don't care who builds it.

I said in the wood the 6 cube cuts. I've only tried 5 or 6 against my Gypo/KD/Frederdized saw in pretty solid 10x10's.

I didn't even mod the carb or anything besides the muffler and the jug.

If you want to bet against the nephew in the MI cants I'll do it. We only use 25 inch bars around here so I'd have to get a bar just to try it out in the big wood.

Fred

rmihalek said:

trying to word this in a non provoking
manner.(honest,well almost)There is room for a lot of builders gear at my place.We'll be running ash,red maple,basswood,large tooth aspen,and the grand finale,frozen or sap oozing,96" circumference rock maple.30"ish diameter cut that morning.The big boy depends on participants interest.I know one guy from Haliburton,his eyes got really big when he saw that tree. If the guy with the 2 bike saws show up and brings big chain this should be interesting.Be great to see some west coast stuff,Simon and ........ :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
PLAYINWOOD said:
trying to word this in a non provoking
manner.(honest,well almost)There is room for a lot of builders gear at my place.We'll be running ash,red maple,basswood,large tooth aspen,and the grand finale,frozen or sap oozing,96" circumference rock maple.30"ish diameter cut that morning.The big boy depends on participants interest.I know one guy from Haliburton,his eyes got really big when he saw that tree. If the guy with the 2 bike saws show up and brings big chain this should be interesting.Be great to see some west coast stuff,Simon :greenchainsaw:
I am too far away, sounds like fun though. Maybe Eric will bring his new 385 there. Cheers buddy.

PLAYINWOOD said:
Eric?????
Oops, I mean guy in Ohio who is receiving one of my saws. (A fellow AS member). He actually does not have it as of today, he has a tracking number and will have it by 07MAR according to Canadapost.com.

Oops, I mean guy in Ohio who is receiving one of my saws. (A fellow AS member). He actually does not have it as of today, he has a tracking number and will have it by 07MAR according to Canadapost.com.
Your sending a saw to Eric Copsey(AKA Woodsjunkie?:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back