More 562 failures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone knows I'm a Stihl guy, but I also know Bob is a great guy, and I'm so glad to see this was just in jest.

I am actually very glad that the problems with the 562 seem to have vanished, and that now we can just talk saws!

You have your work cut out for you Bob, and I hope the damage was mostly cosmetic and not structural (the engine & frame).

Good luck w/them and I'm already looking forward to your GTG. Have you set a date yet?

Hi Mike! One of these might live again, but the other is toast. Even the better of the two has some case damage.

No firm date on the GTG, but early October as usual. I actually want to talk to Leeha first and coordinate dates if he is also doing one. We had them back to back last year, and 2 weeks in a row wasn't good for some guys.

Yeah, the joke in the title was intentional. Husky guys think "Oh no!" and the Stihl guys are probably thinking "Oh cool!". But I figure both sides end up getting a laugh out of it. And since everyone is enjoying this, here's another one from about a year ago. Here's what the guy said when he brought it in. "I was turning the truck around, and I drove over something THREE times. I was thinking, Geez, I don't remember seeing a rock there, then I was like ####!, that's not a ####### rock!" He really packed the mud in there didn't he?

cTJZgqX.jpg

SjvA1BF.jpg

So you did clean this up and sell it used, right? :D :laugh:

So you did clean this up and sell it used, right? :D :laugh:

Yeah, just sprayed it down with the garden hose and put her on the shelf.

You get any of this nonsense in your shop?

These accidents don't just happen to 562's ya know. This 372 got clobbered about an hour after the guy bought it. Idiot lost his job on this one. People sometimes ask me why I keep all these tanks and handles in stock. LOL

TQoRpQd.jpg

Yep, sold a 372 a couple months back and the employee ran it over with a skid steer. Luckily he got away with just a new fuel tank assy. :)

pera8y9u.jpg

Yeah, just sprayed it down with the garden hose and put her on the shelf.

You get any of this nonsense in your shop?

These accidents don't just happen to 562's ya know. This 372 got clobbered about an hour after the guy bought it. Idiot lost his job on this one. People sometimes ask me why I keep all these tanks and handles in stock. LOL

TQoRpQd.jpg
Similar deal last year on a 353

View attachment 363598

Do you guys manage to keep a straight face when this stuff shows up?

that was mashed by a short term employee of mine. it was smashed by a chestnut oak 38'' at the butt. I saw it happening and tried to get to it with my skidder so the tree would roll over the skidder instead of smashing my saw. I told him to get to his truck before I got to him.

Hell no, if you can keep a straight face when stuff like that comes through the door then you have some serious issues. Highly suggest you find a therapist and get that worked out LOL!

Crap! I should have took pics of the MS 460 that got ran over by a 650 John Deere dozer. The damn thing still runs but it has a few busted parts (case halve, recoil cover, etc.)

So expanding on the "mud" theme as I started in post #40....................and with this being an off the wall thread in general......................

One of my favorite customers; arborist/landscaper/excavator; does it all. 30 years old. Really cool guy, real hard worker. Fun to be around and a great customer as well.

So.........he has this outrageous party every year. Lot's of beer, lot's of food. And always something to keep everyone entertained. This years event consisted of an old mustang, (not a classic), with the roof cut off. And there's this kind of swampy, wet, almost a pond on his property. So the object is to hop in the mustang and drive it into the muck and see how far you can go until you get stuck. Even more hilarious is how the poor ole stang gets unstuck. No pushing or pulling with ropes or cables, when all ya gotta do is reach in and pick it out with the excavator! :clap:

No...........I don't have pics. :(

Latest posts

Back