Most handy chainsaw accessory ... ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chaps.
Helmet.
Gloves.
Wedges.
Sledge for driving wedge.
most importantly your eyes and brain. Pay attention to what, where, and how you are cutting. One stupid act or misjudgment with a saw can ruin your life real fast.

My most valued accessory after any hard days work, is an infrared heat pad! Combine that beauty with 2 or 3 good ice packs, the ones that have a bunch of little pockets instead of the ones that are one big bag, and your back will LOVE you for it!

My wife is one of those massage therapists. If I wine enough she might rub my sore back for 15 minutes. But I hear about it for a while.

I'll probably get mocked for this... But the still 2 in 1 file. It eliminates the need to carry 3 different tools, and is so easy to use that you can sharpen your chain in the woods without the need to return to a vice, or even a tailgate. When I go into the woods now, it's the 2 in 1 file, screnth, wedges, and a lite axe to bang wedges.

If you’re out in the woods a roll of Tp can be pretty handy!
On that line my dad always carried several sheets of paper toweling folded up to about the size of a wallet in all of his jackets. Comes in handy for taking care of #2, a makeshift bandage, nose tissue, cleaning, and what not.

On that line my dad always carried several sheets of paper toweling folded up to about the size of a wallet in all of his jackets. Comes in handy for taking care of #2, a makeshift bandage, nose tissue, cleaning, and what not.
Long sleeve shirts become short sleeve shirts as the need arises.:cool:

I have a son in the tree business, has all the toys, 30k chipper, 80k mini excavator, all the best saws, wont return my calls if I mention work. Went over last month to babysit the grandkids for Valentines Day so he and his sweetheart could have a romantic getaway, never saw the adults as we picked the kids up from school then dropped them off at school the next day, good luck getting your son to work while you watch. Mind you , I’m very proud of what he has accomplished, but when it comes to getting work done around here, I’ll call my woodcutting buddy and he’s here the next day, no questions asked!:cool:

I have a son in the tree business, has all the toys, 30k chipper, 80k mini excavator, all the best saws, wont return my calls if I mention work. Went over last month to babysit the grandkids for Valentines Day so he and his sweetheart could have a romantic getaway, never saw the adults as we picked the kids up from school then dropped them off at school the next day, good luck getting your son to work while you watch. Mind you , I’m very proud of what he has accomplished, but when it comes to getting work done around here, I’ll call my woodcutting buddy and he’s here the next day, no questions asked!:cool:
I don't have that problem, all I gotta do is ask and they are there.

I guess I don’t ask right, I know he’s a busy guy, so I rarely ask outright, I more or less suggest that I might need help. He’s about an hr. away so it’s an all day thing if I get him to come. They came and stayed for three days over the Christmas vacation, but no work was done, just dirt bike riding and gun shooting. Love my kids to the moon and back, and they return it just as much.:cool:

Long sleeve shirts become short sleeve shirts as the need arises.:cool:
I found that an old toothbrush stuck in your wedge bag is real handy when you go to refill your saw, and wood crud is all around the oil and fuel lids. It's sure better than wiping around them with your finger.

I found that an old toothbrush stuck in your wedge bag is real handy when you go to refill your saw, and wood crud is all around the oil and fuel lids. It's sure better than wiping around them with your finger.
I had not thought of that, excellent suggestion!:cool:

Latest posts

Back