Mr Saw Troll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

I threw some plastic I had sitting here on the "Troll" and did some cuttin........Ran better and Faster than the real troll could......:) :)

SawTroll notice how I have rubber mounts in this saw...Just for you ol-feller....

Oh ....Forgot ...The "Troll" has about 80 tanks through it since the first pictures were taken.....:cheers:

I can see that.....:)

As I understand it now, the first pics and posts were a bit retrospective......:cheers:

Spring vs Rubber mounts

How do you find the differene between the steel spring mounts and the rubber type?
I am only asking because as I was cleaning the 262 I noticed the two rear rubber mounts were almost sheared through, when I visited the local saw shop (LSS) they found some old steel spring mounts that have a 3mm allen screw to fit in place of the rubber type AV mounts.
I had no choice really just fitted the steel ones and have yet to do any cutting with them.

How do you find the differene between the steel spring mounts and the rubber type?
I am only asking because as I was cleaning the 262 I noticed the two rear rubber mounts were almost sheared through, when I visited the local saw shop (LSS) they found some old steel spring mounts that have a 3mm allen screw to fit in place of the rubber type AV mounts.
I had no choice really just fitted the steel ones and have yet to do any cutting with them.

On the 288's I like the hard rubber mounts better with a longer than 24" bar...Thats just my opinion......:cheers:

re the antivibes

im building 2 288s atm, one i have used all rubber mounts,
the other rear spring mounts.

i recently picked up two newer 288s and they both have front rubber and rear upper and lower spring mounts.
so it looks like all 288s had front rubber mounts.

anyway, when they are done i will test them side by side and see how they feel.

nice build btw.

hey Romeo, can you give anymore info on coils etc

cheers, Serg

Last edited:
Had to keep the "Troll" in smaller wood.............Kinda like in Norway..:) :)

.[/QUOTE]

Sacreligious!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back