MS 241?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just came across this thread, but I just got my first ms241cm last night! I was afraid it would behave like a ms170 and not be as powerful as a ms250, so I made some videos of the small saws that I have under the bench.

I haven't had a chance to read the thread, but I have been too busy to post up these videos, seem fitting here.

Well, the 15" bar mostly was combined with a 3/8"x8 rim, and 36RSC (RS now) very effecient for limbing! :D

On my old slow saws RS chain is like limbing with fish hooks. Just grabs and pulls, It is ok on the bigger saws because they are heavier.

With a simple muffler mod, the 261CM will hand your old 361 it's own ass - even if the 361 is muff modded.

First, I seriously doubt that, and secondly the weight differense isn't that large. I would take the 361 any day over the 261, and then there are the 560xp and the 550xp, that messes up your "picture" pretty badly! :cheers:

First, I seriously doubt that, and secondly the weight differense isn't that large. I would take the 361 any day over the 261, and then there are the 560xp and the 550xp, that messes up your "picture" pretty badly! :cheers:

It wouldn't even be close, Niko. When you remove the baffle on a 261CM, you gain nearly 35% improvement in cut times, and a load of torque.

Have u gotten inside that 241 yet?

Soon. With the baffle removed, I am having a bog right off idle if ti sits too long between uses. I know the 261 had a big old lip on the intake port to shoot the charge across to the back of the cylinder. If you remove that lip on the 261, you get great throttle response. So I will do that and maybe fiddle a bit on the inside and adjust the squish.

Here's the 261cm I ported:

Latest posts

Back