MS 241?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or a MS 261 one or the other. Type and size wood will be cut?
Mostly 14" and under he leaves all the big stuff for me to buck and split.

The MS241 is of course the only option if he wants a Stihl - but what does he mean by "high horsepower"?

Og with the 16" bar, it isn't even 15" really. ;)

It has to outcut a Husqvarna 345 16" bar

If i was gonna spend close to $600 it wouldn't be on a 40cc saw MTronic or not. Check out a 261 like others have said.

I like the 261 but he said he wanted a 40cc light weight saw. That is the main reason for the 241

Thank you all for the replies, I am not used to starting a stihl thread lol.

Okay, next question .325with14" vs picco and 16"

But Red it's in your name

Jonse(RED) 2253 its calling your name
Brads Pic
I like the 241 also though

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418341953.596776.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418341953.596776.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 35
Mostly 14" and under he leaves all the big stuff for me to buck and split.

It has to outcut a Husqvarna 345 16" bar

... .

It will be borderline if the MS241 will do that - and it isn't any lighter. Much better quality though, as the 345 is a plastic cased clamshell design.

But Red it's in your name

Jonse(RED) 2253 its calling your name
Brads Pic
I like the 241 also though

all of my "RED" saws are old school for now.

Dad does have a jred 2250 but it is more of a homeowner saw. For whatever reason he always reaches for the farmboss.

It will be borderline if the MS241 will do that - and it isn't any lighter. Much better quality though, as the 345 is a plastic cased clamshell design.

The ms 241 cant be any worse performance wise than a clamshell husky can it?

The ms 241 cant be any worse performance wise than a clamshell husky can it?

Likely not in this case (MS241 vs. 345), but the power rating of the current breed of 42/43cc pro saws isn't impressive - the ol' 242xp should beat them all. The result likely will depend on the cutting attachments and the wood they are compared in.

I got my Dad Ms 211 EZ start a few years before he passed away his other saws go to be to big and heavy and compression was tough on him to pull after he got that saw he never started the others again.Mom told me to talk to him cause he was clearing to many oaks around the house

I got my Dad Ms 211 EZ start a few years before he passed away his other saws go to be to big and heavy and compression was tough on him to pull after he got that saw he never started the others again.Mom told me to talk to him cause he was clearing to many oaks around the house

Sorry to hear about your father, but the oak thing is pretty funny.

I hate to say it but my dad is probably the average age of most on this forum. 50 lol. I am just a pup on the porch listening to most on here talk about saws. It is sad but all of my saws have at least 10 years on me LOL.

I think that as we get older, and IF money isn't budgeted, the price shouldn't stand in the way if he really wants a 241c, or any saw for that matter. You'll probably inherit his tools anyway.

My 241c runs great just by opening the exhaust by 50%. Pulling a 18" so I have more reach with picco chain. Since getting a 241 the ported 261 don't see much use. The weight sure is nice, or lack thereof :)

I think that as we get older, and IF money isn't budgeted, the price shouldn't stand in the way if he really wants a 241c, or any saw for that matter. You'll probably inherit his tools anyway.

My 241c runs great just by opening the exhaust by 50%. Pulling a 18" so I have more reach with picco chain. Since getting a 241 the ported 261 don't see much use. The weight sure is nice, or lack thereof :)
Do the 241s have the air filter like the 261?

He didn't say that he wanted a 241. He said if he bought a new saw it would be light 40cc range and have some good power. And it would be a stihl.

That is very reassuring that your 241 gets used over a ported 261.

Thank you.

What sold me on the 241c beside the weight was watching videos made my Matt in AU and reading his comments on the 241. Those Aussies are really hard on saws from the conditions standpoint and don't baby them for one minute. They are everything that a small Stihl should be IMO. I look at it in my saw plan as a luxury saw because of the price. But worth every ounce that it doesn't weigh! :) Especially after coming off a 90cc or 70cc saw for a better part of a day.

He didn't say that he wanted a 241. He said if he bought a new saw it would be light 40cc range and have some good power. And it would be a stihl.

That is very reassuring that your 241 gets used over a ported 261.

Thank you.

You are correct. I ran with the 241 as though he had decided on the Stihl brand. My mistake. I have a 550xp and on the extreme end of 40cc is an 8# Dolmar 401 which is a rear handle but I use it like a top handle lol.

He just needs to handle and run them to decide. If he is older the heck with the price, get him what he wants!

Back