Ms 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My question is I like the Stihl MS 250 18" I have about 30 more trees too take down. Sizes from 2" to 24''. Plus the cutup that goes with the felled trees. I can trade the MS 250 back do the dealer Monday. He can order me the new MS291. Shoud I stay with the 18" or go with 20"? Or is the MS 250 enough saw for what I'm doing?

two cents worth: I like the 20" because it is closer to the ground without bending over for limbing and it is a lot handier for me to have the longer bar when felling.

I have both the ms250 and a ms290. The ms250 wears a 16", while the ms290 has a 20". First of all both saw have been very reliable an have given many years of service to our landscape maintenance company. That said if I could only have one, it would be the ms290. So would I trade, that depends on if you go to a two saw plan in which I would keep the ms250 and get a larger saw? Those 24" trees could be handle with ms250 but how hard will the saw be working and time will be spent.

Is worth the $ 140 too buy the MS 291 then me keeping the MS 250?

Thanks for your help. I kept the MS 250. When I got to the dealer I bought it from. He told me the price would be $252. The price from my MS 250 and the MS 291 $140. Plus $50 for a new bar and $30 for a new chain. I told him. Heck a new saw costs that kind of money. He should have told me that this past Saturday.

Latest posts

Back